Last Modified: February 1, 2021
PLEASE READ THE TERMS OF THIS END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT CAREFULLY. By accessing or using the 98point6 Android software application, which facilitates access to medical care rendered by licensed physicians and other licensed medical providers, you accept and agree to be bound by this End User License Agreement, including the terms in Sections 19 and 22 below that allow 98point6 to terminate or suspend your use of the Application at any time for any reason or no reason and that require you to resolve certain disputes with 98point6 by binding, individual arbitration, including a class action waiver.
This End User License Agreement (this “Agreement”) creates a contract by and between 98point6 Inc. (“98point6”) and the person (“you,” “yourself,” or “your”) who has downloaded the 98point6 Android software application (the “Application”) via Google Play. This Agreement describes the terms and conditions for your use of the Application, and your compliance with this Agreement is a condition to your access to and use thereof. The term Application includes all future versions of the software made accessible to you as part of the Application download and all information concerning future versions. This Agreement is between 98point6 and you only, and not with Google. Notwithstanding the foregoing, upon your acceptance of the terms of this Agreement, Google, as a third-party beneficiary of this Agreement, will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce this Agreement against you. Also, upon your acceptance of the terms of this Agreement, you agree that you have been advised of and understand the potential risks, consequences, and benefits of receiving medical care using remote, electronic communications, as described in the Consent to Treat set forth in Section 6 below. Note, too, that you have the right to opt out of the mandatory binding arbitration and class action waiver provisions by following the procedure described in Section 22 below. And finally, by providing your mobile phone number through the app, you agree to opt-in to receive non-marketing messages via SMS, as further described in Section 8 below. If you do not agree to all of the terms of this Agreement, do not access or use the Application.
For the avoidance of doubt, in the event that an organization, such as your or your partner’s or spouse’s employer, university, or health plan (“Sponsor Organization”), is paying for access to the Application on your behalf and has a separate written agreement with 98point6 concerning the making of the Application available to you for your use, that written agreement, and not this Agreement, governs and controls the contractual relationship between 98point6 and the Sponsor Organization.
1. Eligibility to Use the Application. You must be at least 18 years of age (or the age of legal majority where you live) in order to use the Application. If you are under 18 years of age (or the age of legal majority where you live), you may use the Application only under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian who agrees to be bound by this Agreement. If you are a parent or legal guardian of a user under the age of 18 (or the age of legal majority), you agree to be fully responsible for the acts or omissions of such user in relation to the Application. Additionally, there are circumstances in which certain adult users of the Application may be eligible to use the Application to seek medical care for or on behalf of a Minor (as defined below). The terms and conditions governing the use of the Application by an adult to seek medical care for or on behalf of a Minor are set forth in Section 7 below concerning pediatric medical care. For purposes of this Agreement and all uses of the Application, a “Minor” is a person that is under 18 years of age (or the age of legal majority where the Minor lives). A Minor may use the Application only under the circumstances described in Section 7 below concerning pediatric medical care sought by an adult user of the Application. 98point6 reserves the right to request proof of age at any point so that it can verify that Minors are not using the Application without supervision by an authorized adult. If 98point6 believes that a Minor is using the Application without adult supervision, it may prohibit the Minor from using the Application.
2. Modifications to this Agreement. 98point6 reserves the right to modify the terms, conditions, limitations, and restrictions set forth in this Agreement, or any policies related to access to and use of the Application, at any time and in its sole discretion; provided, that, in the event that 98point6 makes such a modification, it will endeavor to notify you and other users of the Application of the modification the next time that you and others access the user accounts created using the Application and allow you to review and accept this Agreement, as modified, prior to continuing to access or use the Application. Your continued use of the Application, following notice of such modifications, will constitute your acceptance of this Agreement, as modified. If you do not agree to any modifications of this Agreement or related policies, as they occur, you will immediately discontinue accessing or using the Application, including, if applicable, immediately uninstalling the Application on any devices that you own or control.
3. License Grant. Subject to the terms of this Agreement, including the eligibility requirements set forth in Section 1 above, 98point6 hereby grants to you a limited, non-transferable, non-exclusive right to use the Application on any device that you own or control that can access Google Play solely for the purpose of obtaining medical care from those physicians and other medical providers to whom you are granted access via the Application (the “Medical Providers”) in accordance with terms, conditions, limitations, and restrictions set forth in this Agreement, including, but not limited to, terms and conditions governing the payment of any fees required by 98point6.
4. Ownership of the Application; Restrictions on Use. You agree with 98point6 that, as between you and 98point6, the Application and all of the information, materials, features, functionality, and other content included in the Application or otherwise made accessible to you via the Application, including, but not limited to, any and all software, displays, images, graphics, text, algorithms, video, and audio and the design, selection, and arrangement of the same (collectively, the “Product”) is owned by 98point6, including any and all intellectual property in or related to the Product and any authorized or unauthorized enhancements, updates, upgrades, improvements, or other modifications to or reproductions or derivative works of the Product. The Product, including each of the elements described in the preceding sentence, is the property of 98point6 and/or its licensors and is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property and proprietary rights laws. 98point6 reserves all rights in this regard.
Except as otherwise expressly permitted in Section 7 below concerning pediatric medical care, each account registered with 98point6 is for a single user only. Further, you acknowledge that only one user account is permitted per individual, and you agree that you will not create more than one user account for an individual user, including creation of one or more additional user accounts using alternate identification information. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any account authentication credentials used to access your user account. You may not share your account authentication credentials, if any, with anyone else or otherwise permit anyone other than yourself to access the Product using your user account or, if applicable, your account authentication credentials. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your own user account and account authentication credentials. 98point6 reserves the right to cancel or suspend your access to the Product if you share your user account, create more than one user account for an individual user, or share your account authentication credentials.
Unless otherwise specifically agreed by 98point6 in writing, you will not (a) reproduce, modify, make derivative works of, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Product, (b) modify copyright or other proprietary rights notices of 98point6 or its licensors in or accompanying the Product, (c) make the Product available in any manner to any third party for use in the third party’s business operations, (d) access or use (or permit third parties to access or use) the Product in order to build or support any products or services competitive with the Product, or (e) inaccurately or falsely represent your current location, your demographic location, your address, your medical history, information about your medical condition, or otherwise inaccurately or falsely represent yourself to 98point6 or the Medical Providers.
You represent and warrant that (a) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (b) are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
At this time, 98point6 does not treat patients presenting with issues or injuries related to Workers’ Compensation as outlined by the U.S. Department of Labor. You agree that you will not use the Application to seek care for an issue or injury arising from a Workers’ Compensation claim.
At this time, 98point6 does not treat patients covered by the U.S. Government’s health insurance program commonly known as Medicare, which is administered by the U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. You acknowledge this fact, and you agree that you will not use the Application for an issue or injury that you anticipate or expect to be covered by Medicare.
IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, YOU SHOULD DIAL 9-1-1 OR YOUR LOCAL EMERGENCY NUMBER IMMEDIATELY. The Application is not appropriate to address emergency or life-threatening medical conditions, and should not be used as such. 98point6 may direct you to an emergency room or other appropriate facility at any time.
5. Feedback; Testimonials. 98point6 has not agreed to and does not agree to treat as confidential any suggestion or idea provided by you regarding the Product (“Feedback”), and nothing in this Agreement or in your and 98point6’s dealings arising out of or related to this Agreement will restrict 98point6’s right to use, profit from, disclose, publish, or otherwise exploit any Feedback, without compensation to you, or provide you with any rights in the Product. 98point6 will publish your name or other identifying information in connection with any testimonial only with your prior approval.
If the Application is, or was, offered to you at no cost or at a discounted rate, any public or other published review, comment, or testimonial about 98point6 or the Application must include a statement indicating that the Application is, or was, provided to you at no cost or at a discounted rate. If any incentives were offered to you for any public or other published review, comment, or testimonial, the disclosure of such incentives is required by you in connection with your publications of the review, comment, or testimonial. 98point6 may republish any publicly available review, comment, or testimonial about 98point6 or the Application on its websites or in other media. Appropriate attribution to the original source of the publication will be made by 98point6.
6. Consent to Treat. You consent to receive medical care from the Medical Providers (as defined in Section 3 above) using remote, electronic communications, such as chat, audio, and/or video communications, specifically through your use of the Application, where such medical care may include diagnosis, consultation, treatment, and transfer of electronic medical records and medical data (each instance, a “Telemedicine Consultation”). You agree to be treated via a virtual visit with a physician or other medical provider (i.e., not an in-person visit) and understand that there are inherent risks and limitations associated with a virtual visit with a physician or other medical provider, including, but not limited to, risks and limitations arising from such physician’s or medical provider’s ability, or inability, to comprehensively assess and accurately diagnose illness, injury, disease, or other medical issues using remote, electronic communications.
You agree to accurately disclose your location prior to participating in a Visit using the Application. Medical Providers will only be permitted to render medical care to you via the Application if you are located in a state and jurisdiction in the United States of America in which such Medical Providers are licensed to practice medicine.
You understand and agree that, as part of a Visit using the Application, you cannot select a specific Medical Provider. Further, you understand and agree that, due to emergencies, scheduling, and other circumstances, 98point6 cannot warrant or otherwise guarantee, and does not warrant or otherwise guarantee, that you will have access to the Medical Providers, including any specific Medical Provider.
You acknowledge that the Medical Providers that render medical care to you via the Application are engaged by physician groups and other medical care organizations that are affiliated with (e.g., subsidiaries of) or otherwise associated with (e.g., a subcontractor to) 98point6 or one of its affiliated physician groups or other medical care organizations and, in connection therewith, such Medical Providers may have a financial interest in 98point6.
During your Visit, you consent to the following:
All existing laws regarding your access to medical information and copies of your medical record apply to your Visit using the Application. Reasonable efforts will be made to eliminate any confidentiality risks associated with your Visit. All existing confidentiality protections under applicable federal and state law apply to information disclosed during your Visit. You understand that there are risks and consequences from a virtual visit with a physician or other medical provider, including, but not limited to, the possibility, that the transmission of your medical information could be disrupted or distorted by technical failures, the transmission of your medical information could be interrupted by unauthorized persons, and/or the electronic storage of your medical information could be accessed by unauthorized persons.
You may withhold or withdraw consent to the Visit at any time without affecting your right to future care or treatment.
7. Pediatric Medical Care for Minors One Year of Age or Older. As described in Section 1 above, there are circumstances in which you, as an adult user of the Application, are eligible to use your user account and the Application to seek medical care for or on behalf of a Minor.
You may use your account and the Application to seek medical care for or on behalf of a Minor under the following circumstances:
You agree that you will not use the Application to seek medical care for a Minor except in the circumstances described in this Section 7 or otherwise allow a Minor to use your account to seek medical care on their own. 98point6 reserves the right, and each Medical Provider shall have the right, to cancel or suspend access to the Application by you or anyone using the Application to seek medical care for a Minor in violation of the terms, conditions, limitations, and restrictions set forth in this Section 7, including, in the case of a Medical Provider, the right to promptly end a Visit if the Medical Provider reasonably believes that an attempt is being made to use the Application to seek medical care for or on behalf of a Minor in violation of this Section 7 or otherwise use the Application in a manner that is improper or potentially harmful to a Minor.
98point6 reserves the right, and each Medical Provider shall have the right, to require that a Visit for rendering medical care to a Minor be conducted using video communications.
8. 98point6 SMS Program Terms. To facilitate your use of the Application and enable you to receive medical care, 98point6 will send you SMS messages in certain circumstances. We send you SMS messages related to security codes and to share referrals to Medical Providers (collectively, “SMS Program”). SMS is not a secure method of communication and there is a risk that third parties may view SMS messages while in transit. By using the Application and providing your phone number to create your account with 98point6, you authorize 98point6 to communicate with you by SMS.
(a) Security Code Messages. When you provide your phone number to create your account with 98point6 you opt-in to the Security Code Message service and we will send you an SMS message to provide you with a security code, which will verify your identity and confirm you are signing up to receive Security Code messages for future sign ins to 98point6.
98point6 will only send Security Code messages when you create your account and each time you sign in. Each message will provide you with a security code that you will enter into the app to verify your identity.
You can cancel the Security Code service at any time but please be aware that canceling the service will also block you from receiving care from 98point6. The Security Code is necessary to access medical care via 98point6. To cancel, just text “STOP” to the short code. After you send the SMS message “STOP” to us, we will send you an SMS message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive Security Code SMS messages from us.
If after unsubscribing, you decide you want to receive care again, opt back into the Security Code service by texting START to the same phone number and you will be able to receive Security Code services again. 98point6 support can also restore Security Code message delivery; please create a request here: https://98point6.com/contact.
(b) Referral Messages. When interacting with our Application, we may send you SMS messages to connect you with a Medical Provider who can help provide you care (“Referral Messages”). Each time you sign into the 98point6 app, you will be asked to opt in to receive Referral Messages from 98point6. You can cancel receipt of referral messages at any time by responding “STOP” to any text message received. Please be aware if you opt out of receiving Referral Messages, we may not be able to share information about referred Medial Providers with you. After you send the SMS message “STOP” to us, we will send you an SMS message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed from Referral Messages, and you will no longer receive Referral Messages from us. If after unsubscribing, you decide you would like to receive Referral Messages again, opt back into the Referral Messages service by texting START to the same short code. Alternatively, you will be asked to consent to receive Referral Messages the next time you use the 98point6 app.
(c) Other SMS Program Terms. If at any time you forget what keywords are supported in our SMS Program, just text “HELP” to the relevant short code. After you send the SMS message “HELP” to us, we will respond with instructions on how to use our service as well as how to unsubscribe.
We are able to deliver messages to the following mobile phone carriers: Major carriers: AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile, MetroPCS, U.S. Cellular, Alltel, Boost Mobile, Nextel, and Virgin Mobile. Minor carriers: Alaska Communications Systems (ACS), Appalachian Wireless (EKN), Bluegrass Cellular, Cellular One of East Central IL (ECIT), Cellular One of Northeast Pennsylvania, Cincinnati Bell Wireless, Cricket, Coral Wireless (Mobi PCS), COX, Cross, Element Mobile (Flat Wireless), Epic Touch (Elkhart Telephone), GCI, Golden State, Hawkeye (Chat Mobility), Hawkeye (NW Missouri), Illinois Valley Cellular, Inland Cellular, iWireless (Iowa Wireless), Keystone Wireless (Immix Wireless/PC Man), Mosaic (Consolidated or CTC Telecom), Nex-Tech Wireless, NTelos, Panhandle Communications, Pioneer, Plateau (Texas RSA 3 Ltd), Revol, RINA, Simmetry (TMP Corporation), Thumb Cellular, Union Wireless, United Wireless, Viaero Wireless, and West Central (WCC or 5 Star Wireless). ***Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages***
As always, message and data rates may apply for any messages sent to you from us and to us from you. You will receive Security Code messages when you create your account, each time you sign in to 98point6, and depending upon your medical care needs, you will receive Referral Messages when appropriate. If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, it is best to contact your wireless provider. For any questions about our SMS Program, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Payments, Access, and Caps on Annual Visits.
Your user account, whether through a subscription you purchase or made available to you through your Sponsor Organization provides you with unlimited access to the Application, at no additional charge. Depending on the type of account you have, you may also be required to pay a nominal fee per Visit.
If you are not required to pay a fee per Visit, you acknowledge and agree that, within a twelve (12) month period, beginning on the date of your first Visit, you are limited to thirty-six (36) Visits per twelve (12) month period as part of a subscription you purchase or made available to you through your Sponsor Organization. Additional Visits can be purchased on an a la carte basis. For the avoidance of doubt, the limitation of thirty-six (36) Visits per twelve (12) month period does not apply to individuals paying a fee per Visit.
10. Use of Stripe for Payment Processing. You understand that 98point6 uses the StripeTM application programming interface (or API) to process payments through the Application. Payment processing services are provided by Stripe and are subject to the Stripe Connected Account Agreement (as provided on the Stripe website at https://stripe.com/us/connect-account/legal or a successor website) and Stripe Terms and Services (as provided on the Stripe website at https://stripe.com/us/ssa or a successor website). By agreeing to this Agreement or otherwise continuing to utilize the Product, you agree to be bound by the above referenced agreements with Stripe, and agree that such agreements may be modified by Stripe from time to time. As a condition of 98point6 making payment processing services available to you through the Stripe API, you agree to provide 98point6 accurate and complete information about you and your payment information, and you authorize 98point6 to disclose such information to Stripe for the purpose of enabling payment processing on your behalf and, likewise, receive from Stripe transaction information related to your use of the payment processing services provided by Stripe as needed in order to process payments by you through the Application.
You understand and agree not to hold 98point6 liable for any adverse effect that actions (whether intentional or unintentional) may cause to any other accounts you hold. You agree to not process stolen cards or unauthorized cards through your Stripe and/or 98point6 account.
11. Recurring Charges; Auto-Renewal; Cancellation. If you purchase a subscription to access the Site (as opposed to your Sponsor Organization providing you with access to the Site), then you authorize 98point6 to charge your chosen payment method for your initial subscription payment and automatic annual renewals until you turn off automatic annual renewals or cancel your subscription. You must turn off automatic annual renewals before your subscription renews to avoid being charged the annual subscription fee for the subsequent annual subscription period. If you turn off automatic annual renewals, your subscription will not be renewed after the then-current annual subscription period expires. You may turn off automatic annual renewals in the Auto-Renewal portion of the Manage Subscription section of your profile.
You may also cancel your subscription at any time by contacting our customer service via our Contact us form. After you cancel your subscription, you will no longer be able to start a Visit. In some circumstances, upon cancelling your subscription, you may be eligible to receive a refund of all or some of your annual subscription fee for the then-current annual subscription period. For more information on the circumstances in which a refund may be available, go to our FAQs or contact our customer service via our Contact us form.
If the amount to be charged to you varies from the amount you preauthorized when you created your account subscription (other than due to an imposition or change in the amount of any applicable state sales taxes), for example, due to an increase in the annual subscription fee that we charge for access to the Site, you have the right to receive, and we will provide, notice of the amount to be charged and the date of the charge at least 30 days before the scheduled date of the automatic annual renewal. If you do not agree with the new amount in the notice, you may turn off automatic annual renewals in the Auto-Renewal portion of the Manage Subscription section of your profile. You may also cancel your subscription by contacting our customer service via our Contact us form.
12. Health Savings Account Requirements. If you are not affiliated with an employer that 98point6 contracts with to provide you medical care as part of a group health plan, you acknowledge and agree that 98point6 does not have the obligation to verify your Health Savings Account (“HSA”) status and/or eligibility. If you are eligible for an HSA and/or do contribute to an HSA, check with your benefits administrator to ensure payment for the medical care under a personal health plan will not materially affect your eligibility under your HSA benefits, including the ability to make future contributions to your HSA.
13. Users Receiving Promotional Access. Users receiving promotional access to the Application shall have full access to the Application and shall receive the same level of service as other users of the Application. 98point6 will direct users receiving a promotional price on how to access the promotion. For example, 98point6 may provide a promo code that must be entered during the account registration process to access the promotion. If you are an employee of 98point6, your participation as a user of the Application is NOT a requirement in order to obtain or continue employment, and any services that you receive in connection with the Application are provided outside of the terms and conditions of your employment.
14. Refunds. 98point6 will issue a subscription refund to you if you have not yet had a Visit or for any charges incurred in error. 98point6 may consider issuing a subscription refund to you in other circumstances on a case by case basis. 98point6 will not issue a refund for per-Visit fees properly incurred.
15. Limited Performance Warranty. We warrant to you that, during any period in which you have a user account in good standing and subject to your adherence to the terms and conditions of this Agreement at all times, the Application, as provided by 98point6 to you and without any modifications by you or others, will conform in all material respects to the documentation provided by 98point6 to you in connection with your access to and use of the Application that describes the design features and functionality of the Application. Except for the limited performance warranty set forth in this Section 15, 98point6 makes no warranties of any kind regarding the performance of the Product or the compatibility between the Application and any future versions of it. If you identify an error, bug, or other non-conformity that does not comply with the limited performance warranty set forth in this Section 15, you will notify 98point6, and 98point6’s sole obligation, and your sole remedy, will be for it to use commercially reasonable efforts to correct the error, bug, or non-conformity. Except for the foregoing obligation, neither 98point6 nor Google, nor the Medical Providers shall have any obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the Product. Except as otherwise set forth in this Section 15 and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the Application, the Product as a whole, and any related services provided to you or your dependents (including, but not limited to, any medical care provided in connection therewith) are provided strictly on an “as is” and “as available” basis without warranty of any kind, express, implied, or statutory. The express warranties set forth in this Agreement are in lieu of, and 98point6, Google, and the Medical Providers specifically disclaim, all other warranties whether express, implied, or statutory, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. Without limiting the foregoing, you specifically acknowledge that 98point6, Google, the Medical Providers, and their respective licensors make no warranty that the Product will meet your requirements or be error-free or without interruption; that all errors, bugs, and non-conformities will be corrected; that the Product will be free of vulnerability to intrusion or attack; or that your specific requirements will be satisfied. You acknowledge that neither 98point6 nor Google, nor the Medical Providers control the transfer of data over communications facilities, including the Internet, and that the Product may be subject to limitations, delays, and other problems inherent in the use of such communications. Neither 98point6, Google, nor the Medical Providers will be liable for any alteration, theft, destruction or loss of your data, files, records, or programs.
16. Limitations of Liability. Medical care made available via the Application is rendered by Medical Providers at 98point6 Physicians PC and physician groups and other medical organizations contracted by 98point6 Physicians PC (collectively, “98point6 PC”). 98point6 PC is, or otherwise comprises, a medical practice and medical organization. The Medical Providers at 98point6 PC render the medical care made available via the Application, including assessment, diagnosis, and treatment or referral, as appropriate, of any illness, disease, or other adverse medical conditions.
98point6 is not a medical practice or medical organization. Neither the Application, the Product as a whole, nor any hardware, software, technology, or related services provided by 98point6 are intended to treat any illness, disease, or other adverse medical condition and should not be considered the practice of medicine and are not the documentation of medical advice of any kind.
98point6 and 98point6 PC are not insurance. Neither 98point6 nor 98point6 PC are engaged in the business of insurance, and neither this Agreement nor any incorporated terms or conditions are or shall be deemed a contract for insurance. The fee, if any, earned by 98point6 does not cover the provision of medical care. The fee earned by 98point6 PC shall cover the rendering of medical care by the Medical Providers only and shall not cover the cost of any diagnostic tests, prescription medications or medical devices, or specialty medical care rendered by any third party.
Aside from personalized information you receive directly from one or more of the Medical Providers via the Application during a Visit or in a care plan provided to you by a Medical Provider, the contents of the Application, including but not limited to information you receive via our risk assessment tool and our health coaches (“Coaching”), are for informational purposes only and are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, treatment, or recommendations of any kind. Coaching is not considered a health care service and is not a substitute for medical or mental health treatment or advice provided by a Medical Provider. Coaching is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure medical and mental health conditions. Coaching is an excellent supplement to your overall care plan as it provides the tools and support often needed to create new, healthy behaviors, but it is not medical care. Reliance on any information appearing on the Application, except as otherwise described in this paragraph, is solely at your own risk.
Hardware, software, and other technology is complex and may not be completely free of errors. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, 98point6 will not be liable for any damages arising under this Agreement. You should contact 98point6 if you have any concerns or claims relating to the Product. For avoidance of doubt, Google shall have no responsibility to address any claims of yours or any third party relating to the Product or your access to or use of the Product, including, but not limited to: (a) product liability claims; (b) any claim that the Product fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (c) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation. In the event of any third-party claim that the Product or your access to or use of the Application infringes that third party’s intellectual property rights, 98point6, not Google, will be solely responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement, and discharge of any such intellectual property-infringement claim.
98point6 and its officers, employees, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, and licensors are neither responsible nor liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential, exemplary, punitive, or other damages whatsoever (including, but not limited to, damages for lost profits, goodwill, use, data, or other intangible losses) arising out of or related to your use of the Application, including any content or information contained therein or services related thereto, whether based on contract, tort, warranty, statute, or otherwise. Your sole remedy in the event of any problem with the Application is to stop using the Application. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the maximum liability of 98point6 to you with respect to your use of the Product is the greater of $100 USD or the amount of fees you have paid for access to and use of the Application in the three-month period preceding the event, or events, giving rise to your claim.
“Confidential Information” includes all confidential and proprietary aspects of the Product, in addition to any information you submit through the Application that a reasonable person would expect under the circumstances of disclosure to be kept confidential (e.g., any personal health information or other personal data or information).
98point6 and you (each a “Party”) will not disclose the Confidential Information of the other Party and will use the Confidential Information of the other Party only to exercise rights and fulfill obligations under this Agreement, while using reasonable care. The receiving Party may disclose Confidential Information of the discloser when required by law after giving reasonable notice to the discloser, if permitted by law. Except for the limited use rights under this Agreement, neither Party acquires any right, title, or interest in the other Party’s Confidential Information.
The Parties agree that any breach of this Section 17 by the other may cause irreparable injury not adequately compensable with monetary damages. Accordingly, in addition to any rights otherwise available at law, in equity, or by statute, the non-breaching Party is entitled to seek injunctive and other equitable relief without the obligation to post a bond.
19. Term and Termination. The term of this Agreement commences upon your acceptance of this Agreement, as evidenced by your access to and use of the Application. 98point6 may suspend or terminate your access to and/or use of the Application by canceling or suspending your user account at any time for any reason or no reason. 98point6 may maintain, delete, or destroy all communications and materials posted or uploaded to the Application per its record retention and/or content destruction policies. Whether during the term of this Agreement or after termination of this Agreement, 98point6 has no obligation to continue to provide the Product or otherwise make the medical care available via the Application; however, 98point6 will provide access to you to any of your health records in 98point6’s possession as a result of this Agreement as may be required under applicable legal, ethical, and professional obligations. In case of any conflict between this Agreement and the applicable terms of the Google Play Terms of Service, the Google Play Terms of Service shall govern and control.
20. Notices. Notices from one Party to the other shall be in writing and may be sent via email. You can notify 98point6 or send questions, complaints, or claims related to the Product to 98point6 by contacting 98point6 here. Notices from 98point6 to you will be sent to the email address or mailing address provided by you as part of your user account.
21. Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless 98point6 and its officers, employees, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, licensors, suppliers, and other customers (including, but not limited to, employers facilitating use of or purchasing access to the Application for their employees, group health plans facilitating use of or purchasing access to the Application for their members, and other organizations and entities facilitating use of or purchasing access to the Application for individuals affiliated with the organization or entity) from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, expenses, or fees (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to your use of the Application.
22. Dispute Resolution; Mandatory Binding Arbitration.
Please read this Section 22 carefully, because it requires you to waive your right to a jury trial and arbitrate certain disputes and claims with 98point6 and limits the manner in which you can seek relief from us. As set forth in this Section 22, no class or representative actions or arbitrations are allowed.
Except for small claims disputes in which you or 98point6 seek to bring an individual action in small claims court located in the county of your billing address or disputes in which you or 98point6 seeks injunctive or other equitable relief for the alleged unlawful use of intellectual property, you and 98point6 waive your rights to a jury trial and to have any dispute arising out of or related to this Agreement or the Product resolved in court. Instead, for any dispute that you have against 98point6, you agree to first contact 98point6 and attempt to resolve the claim informally by sending a written notice of your claim (“Notice”) to 98point6 by email at email@example.com or by certified mail addressed to: Attn: LEGAL, 98point6 Inc., 701 5th Ave., Ste. 2300, Seattle, WA 98104, USA. The Notice must (a) include your name, residence address, email address, and telephone number; (b) describe the nature and basis of the claim; and (c) set forth the specific relief sought. Any notice of a claim that 98point6 provides to you will be similar in form to that described above. If you and 98point6 cannot reach an agreement to resolve the claim within thirty (30) days after such Notice is received, then either Party may, as appropriate in accordance with this Section 22, submit the dispute to binding arbitration administered by the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services (“JAMS“). All submitted disputes will be resolved through confidential binding arbitration held in Seattle, Washington in accordance with the Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures (“Rules“) of JAMS, which are available on the JAMS website and incorporated herein by this reference. You either acknowledge and agree that you have read and understands the Rules or waive the opportunity to read the Rules and any claim that the Rules are unfair or should not apply for any reason.
You and 98point6 agree that any dispute arising out of or related to this Agreement or the Product is personal to you and 98point6 and that any dispute will be resolved solely through individual arbitration and will not be brought as a class arbitration, class action, or any other type of representative action or proceeding.
You and 98point6 agree that this Agreement affects interstate commerce and that the enforceability of this Section 22 will be substantively and procedurally governed by the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. § 1, et seq. (the “FAA“), to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. As limited by the FAA, this Agreement, and the Rules, the arbitrator will have exclusive authority to make all procedural and substantive decisions regarding any dispute and to grant any remedy that would otherwise be available in court, including the power to determine the question of arbitrability; provided, however, that the arbitrator does not have the authority to conduct a class arbitration or a representative action or proceeding, which is prohibited by this Agreement. The arbitrator may only conduct an individual arbitration and may not consolidate more than one individual’s claims, preside over any type of class or representative action or proceeding, or preside over any action or proceeding involving more than one individual.
The arbitrator, 98point6, and you will maintain the confidentiality of any proceedings, including, but not limited to, any and all information gathered, prepared, and presented for purposes of the arbitration or related to the dispute(s) therein. The arbitrator will have the authority to make appropriate rulings to safeguard that confidentiality, unless the law provides to the contrary.
You and 98point6 agree that, for any arbitration you initiate, you will pay the filing fee and 98point6 will pay the remaining JAMS fees and costs. For any arbitration initiated by 98point6, 98point6 will pay all JAMS fees and costs, including the filing fee. You and 98point6 agree that the state or federal courts of the State of Washington and the United States of America sitting in Seattle, Washington, USA have exclusive jurisdiction over any appeals and the enforcement of any arbitration awards.
Any claim arising out of or related to this Agreement or the Product must be filed within one (1) year after such claim arose; otherwise, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the claim is permanently barred, which means that neither you nor 98point6 will have the right to assert the claim.
You have the right to opt out of the mandatory binding arbitration described in this Section 22 within thirty (30) days after the date you first accepted this Agreement, as evidenced by your access to and use of the Product by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to be effective, the opt-out notice must include your full name and address and clearly indicate your intent to opt out of the mandatory binding arbitration described in this Section 22. By opting out of mandatory binding arbitration, you are agreeing to resolve disputes in accordance with Section 23 below.
If any portion of this Section 22 is found to be unenforceable or unlawful for any reason, (a) the unenforceable or unlawful provision shall be severed from this Agreement; (b) severance of the unenforceable or unlawful provision shall have no impact whatsoever on the remainder of this Section 22 or the Parties’ ability to compel arbitration of any remaining claims on an individual basis pursuant to this Section 22; and (3) to the extent that any claims must therefore proceed on a class, collective, consolidated, or representative basis, such claims must be litigated in a civil court of competent jurisdiction and not in arbitration, and the parties agree that litigation of those claims shall be stayed pending the outcome of any individual claims in arbitration. Further, if any part of this Section 22 is found to prohibit an individual claim seeking public injunctive relief, that provision will have no effect to the extent such relief is allowed to be sought out of arbitration, and the remainder of this Section 22 will be enforceable.
23. Governing Law. This Agreement and your access to and use of the Application, including the Product as a whole, are governed by the laws of the State of Washington, USA, without regard to its conflict of laws principles. Any dispute between the Parties that is not subject to arbitration or cannot be heard in small claims court will be resolved in the state or federal courts of the State of Washington and the United States of America sitting in Seattle, Washington, USA.
24. Miscellaneous. If any provision of this Agreement is adjudged to be invalid, void, or unenforceable, the Parties agree that the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall not be affected thereby, that the provision in question may be replaced by the lawful provision that most nearly embodies the original intention of the Parties, and that this Agreement shall in any event otherwise remain valid and enforceable. In no event will 98point6 be deemed in default hereunder based on delay in, or failure of, performance (other than the payment of money) if caused by floods, fires, storms, or other acts of God, by war or acts of public enemy, including terrorism, or civil disturbance, strikes, lockouts, shortage of labor, labor disputes or labor trouble, problems in obtaining raw materials or production facilities, power failure, equipment failure, transportation shortages or failures, actions of any governmental or other authority, or any other cause not within 98point6’s reasonable control. Except as otherwise expressly set forth herein, this Agreement is for the benefit of, and shall be binding upon the Parties. No third-party shall be considered a third-party beneficiary hereunder, except as otherwise expressly set forth herein as to Google. You may not assign or transfer your rights or obligations under this Agreement without the prior written consent of 98point6. You and 98point6 are independent contractors with respect to this Agreement and the Product.
25. Responsibility for Security of Devices. You are responsible for the security of your information system(s), including its network and related computer equipment and peripherals (“Information System(s)”). In the event you are accessing the Application through a mobile device, you are solely responsible for the access and use of such mobile device, and must keep secure your device access credentials at all times. You are encouraged to fully utilize all security features, including locking, within the mobile device. You agree that it is your responsibility to comply with all applicable laws, rules, or regulations and ensure adequate security of your Information System(s). Each of you and 98point6 agree to notify the other of any violation of data security of which they become aware.
26. Links to Third-Party Websites. The Application may contain links to third-party websites for your convenience. 98point6 is not responsible for the content of such third-party websites and does not make any representations or warranties regarding such websites or their content. Use of or reliance on such third-party websites is at your sole risk.
27. Prohibited Uses. You agree not to:
If 98point6 becomes aware that any person or entity is using the Application in violation of this Agreement, including the terms, conditions, limitations, and restrictions set forth in this Section 27, 98point6 may prohibit and block or terminate such person’s or entity’s access to and/or use of the Application.
Last Updated: November 30, 2021 (Version 10.1)
If you are a California resident, please also review the Your California Privacy Rights section below.
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you provide your phone number via our website to download our App, create an account, fill out a form, register for a User Account on the 98point6 Online Portal for commercial customers, register for and participate in a webinar or survey that we offer, request a demo, submit a request for customer support, join our Primary Care Council (“PCC”), apply for a job, communicate with us via third party social media sites, or otherwise communicate with us outside of the context of seeking or receiving medical care. The types of information we may collect include contact information such as your name, phone number, email address, employer, as well as information you share with us during webinars, demos, or communications with our customer services team. If you apply for a job with us or participate in our PCC, we will collect application information from you, such as certain demographic information as well as your resume or details about your medical practice or work history.
The Services are not intended for the exchange of medical information. However, to the extent you provide health information through a channel other than via our App (such as through our Contact Us Form), we will treat such information as PHI, subject to our Notice of Privacy Practices.
Please note: The Services are not intended for nor does 98point6 target the Services to children under 18 or knowingly collect information from children under 18 without appropriate parental or guardian consent or authorization.
When you access or use our Services or otherwise engage with us, we automatically collect certain information, including:
We may obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our websites. For example, we may collect information about job applicants from third parties, such as information from identity or credential verification services.
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location based on your IP address.
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve our products and Services. We also use the information we collect to:
If you are an applicant for our PCC or 98point6 employment, we use the information we collect to determine your eligibility for the PCC or employment with us.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
We employ reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial security methods to help protect against unauthorized access to personal information, such as encryption. Please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be perfectly secure. As a result, while we try to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or guarantee the security of any information you provide to us.
We also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of customized campaigns on third-party platforms (such as Facebook and Instagram). As part of these ad campaigns, we or the third-party platforms may convert information about you, such as your email address and phone number, into a unique value that can be matched with a user account on these platforms to allow us to learn about your interests and serve you advertising that is customized to your interests. Note that the third-party platforms may offer you choices about whether you see these types of customized ads.
As there is not an industry or legal standard for recognizing or honoring web browser “Do Not Track” signals, we do not respond to them at this time.
98point6 is based in the United States and is intended for use only by individuals within the United States. Therefore, the personal information we collect is governed by United States law. If you access or use our Services or otherwise provide information to us, we will store and may transfer such information in and to the United States and other countries where you may not have the same rights and protections as you may under local law.
You may update and correct certain account information at any time by logging into your account or by contacting us using one of the methods listed in the Contact Us section below. If you wish to deactivate your account, please contact us using one of the methods listed in the Contact Us section below; however, please note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for our legitimate business purposes.
|Category of Cookies
|Why We Use These Cookies
|These cookies are essential for Services to function properly. Like the other cookies we use, technical cookies may be either first-party cookies or third-party cookies.
|We use these cookies to remember your settings and preferences.
For example, we may use these cookies to remember your language preferences.
|We use these cookies to help identify and prevent security risks.
|We use these cookies to collect information about how you interact with our Services and to help us improve them.
For example, we may use these cookies to determine if you have interacted with a certain page.
|We use these cookies to help us understand and improve our Services.
For example, we can use these cookies to learn more about which features are the most popular with our users and where we may need to make improvements.
|We and our advertising partners use these cookies to deliver advertisements, to make them more relevant and meaningful to visitors to our website, and to track the efficiency of our advertising campaigns, both on our Services and on other websites.
You may opt out of receiving text messages or promotional emails from 98point6 by following the instructions in those communications or by contacting us using one of the methods listed in the Contact Us section below. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
With your consent, we may send push notifications to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
The California Consumer Privacy Act or “CCPA” (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.100 et seq.) and the Shine the Light law (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.83) afford consumers residing in California certain rights with respect to their personal information. If you are a California resident, this section applies to you.
Calfornia Consumer Privacy Act
For details about the precise data points we collect and the categories of sources of such collection, please see the Collection of Information section above. We collect personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in the Use of Information section above. Please Note: The CCPA does not extend to PHI collected by health care providers like 98point6. For information about how we handle PHI and instructions to exercise your rights with respect to PHI, including how to request access to your legal medical record, please review our Notice of Privacy Practices.
98point6 does not sell your personal information. In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information for business purposes and disclosed such information to the following categories of recipients:
|Category of Personal Data
|Categories of Recipients
|Identifiers, such as name, postal address, email address and IP address
|Advertising networks, internet service providers, cloud service providers, data analytics providers, customer support partners, provider of email and telephone communication services, providers of job applicant, personnel and client management services
|Categories of personal information described under Cal. Civ. Code Section 1798.80(e), such as physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, education or employment information
|Advertising networks, internet service providers, cloud service providers, data analytics providers, customer support partners, provider of email and telephone communication services, providers of job applicant, personnel and client management services
|Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy), disability and age
|Cloud service providers, data analytics providers, providers of job applicant, personnel and client management services
|Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as browsing history, search history, and information related to an individual’s interaction with an internet website, application or advertisement
|Advertising networks, internet service providers, cloud service providers, data analytics providers, customer support partners, provider of email and telephone communication services, providers of job applicant, personnel and client management services
|Professional or employment-related information
|Cloud service providers, data analytics providers, customer support partners, providers of job applicant, personnel and client management services
|Inferences, such as information used to create a profile about an individual’s preferences
Subject to certain limitations, you have the right to (1) request to know more about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, use, and disclose, (2) request deletion of your personal information, and (3) not be discriminated against for exercising these rights. You may make these requests via our Contact Us Form or by emailing email@example.com. We will verify your request by asking you to follow the instructions included in our responsive correspondence to you. We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
If we receive your request from an authorized agent, we may ask for evidence that you have provided such agent with a power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests to exercise rights on your behalf. If you are an authorized agent seeking to make a request, please contact us.
Shine the Light
98point6 does not share personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Toll-Free Telephone: 1-844-224-8588
Postal Mail:98point6 PC Privacy Officer98point6 Physicians PC4700 S. Syracuse St.,Suite 900Denver, CO 80237
Effective Date: April 1, 2023 Version 9.2
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
This Notice of Privacy Practices (the “Notice”) is being provided to you on behalf of 98point6 Physicians PC, its subsidiaries and affiliated entities (together “98point6”), including its employees and health care practitioners (collectively referred to herein as “we”, “our” or “us”). The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”) requires that we provide you this Notice to describe our legal obligations and your legal rights regarding the protected health information (“PHI”) we collect, create, share or store. Among other things, this Notice describes how your PHI may be used and disclosed to carry out treatment, payment, or health care operations, or for any other purposes that are permitted or required by law and how you can get access to your PHI.
I. Our Responsibilities to Protect Your PHI
HIPAA requires that we protect your PHI. Additionally, we are required to notify you of our legal duties and abide by the privacy practices detailed in this Notice, unless more protective laws or regulations apply. This Notice applies to all 98point6 health care services and our employees, including the practitioners who provide you care.
II. Our Uses and Disclosures of Your Protected Health Information
98point6 collects, creates and stores PHI in an electronic medical record and its internal systems. Additionally, when we contract with third parties to perform certain services for us, such as billing or consulting, these third-party service providers, known as Business Associates, can access PHI to perform these services on our behalf. They are required by law and their agreements with us to protect PHI in the same way we do.
The following categories describe different ways that we use and disclose your PHI. We have provided you with examples in certain categories; however, not every permissible use or disclosure will be listed in this Notice. Except where prohibited by federal or state laws requiring special privacy protections, we may use and disclose your PHI without your prior authorization for treatment, payment and health care operations as follows:
i. Treatment. We may use or disclose your PHI to provide you with medical treatment and related services. We may use or disclose your PHI and share it with other professionals who are treating you.
Example: A doctor treating you for an injury asks another doctor about your overall health condition.
ii. Payment. We may use and share your PHI to bill and receive payment from health plans or other entities for services provided to you.
Example: We give PHI about you to your health insurance plan to process and pay for the services provided to you.
iii. Health Care Operations. We may use and share your PHI to operate 98point6, improve your care and contact you when necessary. As part of our health care operations, we may share your PHI with our accountants, attorneys, consultants and others to ensure we are complying with laws applicable to us. We may also share your PHI with other health care providers and plans for their business operations if they have or had a patient relationship with you. To improve your care experience, we may send you surveys or requests for feedback regarding our services. You may opt out of these types of communications by following the instructions provided in the survey or feedback request; however, please know, we will continue to communicate with you about the care and services you have received or have scheduled.
Example: We use your PHI to review the quality of services you received or the performance of the professionals who provided care to you.
We may also use or disclose your PHI without your prior authorization for other purposes outlined below. Applicable laws require that we meet certain conditions before disclosing PHI for these purposes:
i. Appointments and Services. We may contact you to remind you of an appointment or provide a test result. You may ask us to contact you in a specific way (for example, home or mobile phone) or to send postal mail to a particular address. We may also contact you to provide you with information about treatment alternatives or other services and benefits we offer.
ii. Help with Public Health and Safety Issues. We may share PHI in certain situations such as to prevent disease, support product recalls, report adverse reactions or product complaints, prevent or reduce a serious threat to another’s health or safety, or report necessary information regarding a deceased person to a coroner, medical examiner or funeral director.
iii. Conduct Research. We may disclose your PHI to researchers when: (a) individual identifiers have been removed; or (b) an institutional review board or privacy board has (x) reviewed the research proposal; (y) reviewed the established protocols to ensure the privacy of the requested information; and (z) approves the research. Additionally, we may use and disclose your PHI for human subject research purposes, subject to the confidentiality provisions of state and federal law. If your PHI will be used as a part of such research, you may be asked to complete a HIPAA authorization and study consent form to authorize specific PHI uses and/or disclosures.
iv. Comply with Federal, State or Local Law, Judicial or Administrative Proceedings or Law Enforcement. We may use and disclose PHI when required to do so by federal, state or local law, judicial or administrative proceedings or law enforcement. For example, we may disclose PHI to government agencies or law enforcement personnel about victims of abuse, neglect or domestic violence or pursuant to federal, state or local laws, subpoena or court order.
v. Respond to Organ and Tissue Donation Requests. We may share PHI with organ, eye or tissue procurement or placement organizations or banks, as necessary to facilitate organ, eye or tissue donation and transplantation.
vi. Address Workers’ Compensation, Law Enforcement, and Specific Government Requests. We may use or share PHI about you for workers’ compensation claims, law enforcement purposes or with a law enforcement official, special government functions such as military, national security, and presidential protective services and with health oversight agencies for legally authorized activities.
Disclosures related to human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) test results, diagnosis of acquired immune deficiency virus (AIDS) or an AIDS-related condition, or information about alcohol or drug treatment you received in a related treatment program will not be made without your authorization except as required or allowed by law. Before we use, disclose or sell your PHI for a reason other than those reasons described above, we will get your written authorization. You may revoke written authorization at any time, by Contact Us in writing. Once we receive your written revocation, it will apply to future PHI uses and disclosures.
i. Disclosures to Family, Friends or Others. We may provide your PHI to a family member, friend or other person you indicate is involved in your care or payment for your care, unless you Contact Us in writing to object.
ii. Health Information Exchanges. We may share PHI through secure electronic means both to and from health care providers treating you. If you do not wish to participate in 98point6’s Health Information Exchanges, you must Contact Us in writing to object.
III. Your Rights
a.The Right to Request Limits on How We Use and Share Your PHI. You may ask us to not to use or share certain PHI for treatment, payment, or health care operations. We are not required to agree to your request and may deny your request if we believe it may impact your care. If you pay for our services out-of-pocket in full, you may ask us not to share your PHI for the purpose of payment or our health care operations. We will agree to this request unless a law requires us to share it. To request such limitation, you must Contact Us in writing. If we agree to your request, we will document our agreement and abide by it except in emergency situations.
b. The Right to Choose How We Send Your PHI to You. You have the right to request that we communicate with you in a certain way or at a certain location. For example, you can ask that we send email to you at a different email address or to contact you at work or by postal mail. We will accommodate all reasonable requests when able to do so.
c. The Right to See and Get Copies of Your Health Information. You or your legally authorized representative may request to see or get an electronic or paper copy of your medical record and other PHI we have about you. We will provide a copy and/or summary within the time frames established by law and we may charge a reasonable cost-based fee. In certain situations provided by law, we may deny your request. If we do, we will inform you in writing of our reasons for denying your request and explain how you may have the denial reversed, if applicable. Additionally, you may access the chat transcripts of your 98point6 visits and related care plans at any time in the 98point6 app’s “History” tab.
d. The Right to Get a List of Those with Whom We’ve Shared Your PHI. You have the right to request a list (or an “accounting”) of certain disclosures of your PHI for up to six years prior to the date of your request, including with whom we shared your PHI and reasons for sharing. To get this list, you must Contact Us in writing.
e. The Right to Correct or Update Your PHI. If you believe there is a mistake in or that a piece of important information is missing from your medical record or other PHI we have about you, you may ask us to correct such information. To do so, you must Contact Us in writing specify your requested correction or update as well as your reason for making such request. We will inform you after we make your requested change(s) and advise those to whom we have disclosed your information of your requested changes. In certain situations, we may deny your request. If we do, we will let you know in writing within 60 days of receiving your request of our reasons for denial and you will have the right to file a statement of disagreement with us. Please note, any future disclosures of the disputed information will include your written disagreement statement.
f. The Right to Receive This Notice. You have the right to request a paper copy of this Notice at any time, even if you have agreed to receive it electronically. To receive a copy of this Notice, please Contact Us or to view a copy of this Notice on our website, please visit our www.98point6.com/legal-and-privacy.
g. The Right to Privacy Notification. We are required to notify you if we (or one of our Business Associates) discover a breach of your unsecured PHI.
IV. Changes To This Notice
If our privacy practices should change at any time in the future, we will promptly change and post a new notice. We reserve the right to apply any changes to our privacy practices or this Notice to the PHI we maintain, including PHI collected before the date of the change.
V. Complaints and Contact Information
If you believe that your privacy rights have been violated or you disagree with a decision we made about your PHI, you may file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights by sending a letter to 200 Independence Avenue SW, Washington, D.C. 20201; calling 1-877-696-6775; or visiting www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/complaints.
If you have any questions about this Notice or any complaints about your privacy practices, please submit your complaint through the Contact Us form, or email the 98point6 Privacy Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, we will not retaliate against you for filing a complaint. You should keep a copy of any notices you send to us or the 98point6 Privacy Office for your records.
98point6 PC Privacy Officer
98point6 Physicians PC
4700 S. Syracuse St.,
Denver, CO 80237
Last Updated: April 5, 2018, Version 1.0
This legal notice supports the software program named 98point6 application Android version 1.6.0. (the “98point6 Application”).
98point6 Inc. (“98point6”) may have patents, patent applications, trademarks, copyrights, or other intellectual property rights covering subject matter in this document. Except as expressly provided in any written license agreement from 98point6, the furnishing of this document does not give you any license to these patents, trademarks, copyrights, or other intellectual property.
Information contained in this document is proprietary to 98point6. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form, in whole or in part, by any means electronic, mechanical or other otherwise, including photocopying and recording, for any purpose without written permission of 98point6.
© 2017-2018 98point6 Inc. All rights reserved.
98POINT6 is a registered trademark of 98point6 Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Please note that 98point6 is not the original author of the software or other materials that are licensed by third parties (“Third-Party Code”). The notices and licenses contained herein that are applicable to the Third-Party Code are provided to you solely for your information. 98point6, not the third party, licenses this Third-Party Code to you under the terms set forth in the license agreement for this product. 98point6 reserves all other rights not expressly granted pursuant to the license agreement for this product, whether by implication, estoppel, or otherwise.
This copy of the 98point6 Application is being made available for limited use by customers and partners of 98point6 who are authorized to download and use such software, and in accordance with the end user agreement and applicable commercial agreement between you or your employer and 98point6.
The 98point6 Application includes dagger-producers (v 2.14.1), kotlin-compiler-embeddable, (v 1.2.21), kotlin-script-runtime (v 1.2.21), kotlin-reflect (v 1.2.21), dagger-compiler (v 2.14.1), dagger-spi (v 2.14.1), kotlin-stdlib (v 1.2.21), kotlin-annotation-processing-gradle (1.2.21), dagger (v 2.14.1), j2objc-annotations (v 1.1), value (v 2.5.6), rib-uava (v 0.9.1), google-java-format (v 1.4), rib-compiler-app (v 0.9.1), reactive-streams (v 1.0.1), rxrelay (v 2.0.0), error_prone_annotations (v 2.0.18), auto-service v (1.0-rc2), gson (v 2.5.6), annotations (v 13), rxjava (v 2.1.4), reductor-processor (v 0.14.0), guava (v 23.3-jre), jsr250-api (v 1), javac-shaded (v 9-dev-r4023-3), auto-common (v 0.8), javapoet (v 1.9.0), gson (v 2.8.0), autodispose (v 0.2.0), rib-compiler-test (v 0.9.1), javax.inject (v 1), reductor (v 0.14.0), rib-base (v 0.9.1). dagger-producers (v 2.14.1), kotlin-compiler-embeddable, (v 1.2.21), kotlin-script-runtime (v 1.2.21), kotlin-reflect (v 1.2.21), dagger-compiler (v 2.14.1), dagger-spi (v 2.14.1), kotlin-stdlib (v 1.2.21), kotlin-annotation-processing-gradle (1.2.21), dagger (v 2.14.1), j2objc-annotations (v 1.1), value (v 2.5.6), rib-uava (v 0.9.1), google-java-format (v 1.4), rib-compiler-app (v 0.9.1), reactive-streams (v 1.0.1), rxrelay (v 2.0.0), error_prone_annotations (v 2.0.18), auto-service v (1.0-rc2), gson (v 2.5.6), annotations (v 13), rxjava (v 2.1.4), reductor-processor (v 0.14.0), guava (v 23.3-jre), jsr250-api (v 1), javac-shaded (v 9-dev-r4023-3), auto-common (v 0.8), javapoet (v 1.9.0), gson (v 2.8.0), autodispose (v 0.2.0), rib-compiler-test (v 0.9.1), javax.inject (v 1), reductor (v 0.14.0), rib-base (v 0.9.1) are licensed pursuant to Apache version 2.0. A copy of the Apache Version 2.0 license is below.
Version 2.0, January 2004
“License” shall mean the terms and conditions for use, reproduction,and distribution as defined by Sections 1 through 9 of this document.
“Licensor” shall mean the copyright owner or entity authorized by the copyright owner that is granting the License.
“Legal Entity” shall mean the union of the acting entity and al other entities that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with that entity. For the purposes of this definition, “control” means (i) the power, direct or indirect, to cause the direction or management of such entity, whether by contract or otherwise, or (ii) ownership of fifty percent (50%) or more of the outstanding shares, or (iii) beneficial ownership of such entity.
“You” (or “Your”) shall mean an individual or Legal Entity exercising permissions granted by this License.
“Source” form shall mean the preferred form for making modifications, including but not limited to software source code, documentation source, and configuration files.
“Object” form shall mean any form resulting from mechanical transformation or translation of a Source form, including but not limited to compiled object code, generated documentation, and conversions to other media types.
“Work” shall mean the work of authorship, whether in Source or Object form, made available under the License, as indicated by a copyright notice that is included in or attached to the work (an example is provided in the Appendix below).
“Derivative Works” shall mean any work, whether in Source or Object form, that is based on (or derived from) the Work and for which the editorial revisions, annotations, elaborations, or other modifications represent, as a whole, an original work of authorship. For the purposes of this License, Derivative Works shall not include works that remain separable from, or merely link (or bind by name) to the interfaces of, the Work and Derivative Works thereof.
“Contribution” shall mean any work of authorship, including the original version of the Work and any modifications or addition to that Work or Derivative Works thereof, that is intentionally submitted to Licensor for inclusion in the Work by the copyright owner or by an individual or Legal Entity authorized to submit on behalf of the copyright owner. For the purposes of this definition, “submitted” means any form of electronic, verbal, or written communication sent to the Licensor or its representatives, including but not limited to communication on electronic mailing lists, source code control systems, and issue tracking systems that are managed by, or on behalf of, the Licensor for the purpose of discussing and improving the Work, but excluding communication that is conspicuously marked or otherwise designated in writing by the copyright owner as “Not a Contribution.”
“Contributor” shall mean Licensor and any individual or Legal Entity on behalf of whom a Contribution has been received by Licensor and subsequently incorporated within the Work.
2. Grant of Copyright License. Subject to the terms and conditions of this License, each Contributor hereby grants to You a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable copyright license to reproduce, prepare Derivative Works of, publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense, and distribute the Work and such Derivative Works in Source or Object form.
3. Grant of Patent License. Subject to the terms and conditions of this License, each Contributor hereby grants to You a perpetual worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable (except as stated in this section) patent license to make, have made, use, offer to sell, sell, import, and otherwise transfer the Work, where such license applies only to those patent claims licensable by such Contributor that are necessarily infringed by their Contribution(s) alone or by combination of their Contribution(s) with the Work to which such Contribution(s) was submitted. If You institute patent litigation against any entity (including a cross-claim or counterclaim in a lawsuit) alleging that the Work or a Contribution incorporated within the Work constitutes direct or contributory patent infringement, then any patent licenses granted to You under this License for that Work shall terminate as of the date such litigation is filed.
4. Redistribution. You may reproduce and distribute copies of the Work or Derivative Works thereof in any medium, with or without modifications, and in Source or Object form, provided that You meet the following conditions:
(a) You must give any other recipients of the Work or Derivative Works a copy of this License; and
(b) You must cause any modified files to carry prominent notices stating that You changed the files; and
(c) You must retain, in the Source form of any Derivative Works that You distribute, all copyright, patent, trademark, and attribution notices from the Source form of the Work, excluding those notices that do not pertain to any part of the Derivative Works; and
(d) If the Work includes a “NOTICE” text file as part of its distribution, then any Derivative Works that You distribute must include a readable copy of the attribution notices contained within such NOTICE file, excluding those notices that do not pertain to any part of the Derivative Works, in at least one of the following places: within a NOTICE text file distributed as part of the Derivative Works; within the Source form or documentation, if provided along with the Derivative Works; or, within a display generated by the Derivative Works, if and wherever such third-party notices normally appear. The contents of the NOTICE file are for informational purposes only and do not modify the License. You may add Your own attribution notices within Derivative Works that You distribute, alongside or as an addendum to the NOTICE text from the Work, provided that such additional attribution notices cannot be construed as modifying the License.
You may add Your own copyright statement to Your modifications and may provide additional or different license terms and conditions for use, reproduction, or distribution of Your modifications, or for any such Derivative Works as a whole, provided Your use, reproduction, and distribution of the Work otherwise complies with the conditions stated in this License.
5. Submission of Contributions. Unless You explicitly state otherwise, any Contribution intentionally submitted for inclusion in the Work by You to the Licensor shall be under the terms and conditions of this License, without any additional terms or conditions. Notwithstanding the above, nothing herein shall supersede or modify the terms of any separate license agreement you may have executed with Licensor regarding such Contributions.
6. Trademarks. This License does not grant permission to use the trade names, trademarks, service marks, or product names of the Licensor except as required for reasonable and customary use in describing the origin of the Work and reproducing the content of the NOTICE file.
7. Disclaimer of Warranty. Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, Licensor provides the Work (and each Contributor provides its Contributions) on an “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied, including, without limitation, any warranties or conditions of TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. You are solely responsible for determining the appropriateness of using or redistributing the Work and assume any risks associated with Your exercise of permissions under this License.
8. Limitation of Liability. In no event and under no legal theory, whether in tort (including negligence), contract, or otherwise unless required by applicable law (such as deliberate and grossly negligent acts) or agreed to in writing, shall any Contributor be liable to You for damages, including any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages of any character arising as a result of this License or out of the use or inability to use the Work (including but not limited to damages for loss of goodwill, work stoppage, computer failure or malfunction, or any and all other commercial damages or losses), even if such Contributor has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
9. Accepting Warranty or Additional Liability. While redistributing the Work or Derivative Works thereof, You may choose to offer, and charge a fee for, acceptance of support, warranty, indemnity, or other liability obligations and/or rights consistent with this License. However, in accepting such obligations, You may act only on Your own behalf and on Your sole responsibility, not on behalf of any other Contributor, and only if You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold each Contributor harmless for any liability incurred by, or claims asserted against, such Contributor by reason of your accepting any such warranty or additional liability.
This product includes jsr305 (v 3.0.2) Copyright © 2007-2009, JSR305 expert group. Jsr305 (v 3.0.2) is licensed pursuant to the 3-Clause BSD license. A copy of the 3-Clause BSD license is below.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS “AS IS” AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
This product includes animal-sniffer-annotations (v 1.14), Copyright © 2009 codehaus.org. animal-sniffer-annotations (v 1.14) is licensed pursuant to the MIT license. A copy of the MIT license is below.
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the “Software”), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.