98point6 Legal and Privacy
For the avoidance of doubt, in the event that an organization, such as your or your partner’s or spouse’s employer, university, or health plan (“Sponsor Organization”), is paying for access to the Site on your behalf and has a separate written agreement with 98point6 concerning the making of the Site available to you for your use, that written agreement, and not this Agreement, governs and controls the contractual relationship between 98point6 and the Sponsor Organization.
1. Eligibility to Use the Site. You must be at least 18 years of age (or the age of legal majority where you live) in order to use the Site. If you are under 18 years of age (or the age of legal majority where you live), you may use the Site only under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian who agrees to be bound by this Agreement. If you are a parent or legal guardian of a user under the age of 18 (or the age of legal majority), you agree to be fully responsible for the acts or omissions of such user in relation to the Site. Additionally, there are circumstances in which certain adult users of the Site may be eligible to use the Site to seek medical care for or on behalf of a Minor (as defined below). The terms and conditions governing the use of the Site by an adult to seek medical care for or on behalf of a Minor are set forth in Section 7 below concerning pediatric medical care. For purposes of this Agreement and all uses of the Site, a “Minor” is a person that is under 18 years of age (or the age of legal majority where the Minor lives). A Minor may use the Site only under the circumstances described in Section 7 below concerning pediatric medical care sought by an adult user of the Site. 98point6 reserves the right to request proof of age at any point so that it can verify that Minors are not using the Site without supervision by an authorized adult. If 98point6 believes that a Minor is using the Site without adult supervision, it may block the Minor from using the Site.
2. Modifications to this Agreement. 98point6 reserves the right to modify the terms, conditions, limitations, and restrictions set forth in this Agreement, or any policies related to access to and use of the Site, at any time and in its sole discretion; provided, that, in the event that 98point6 makes such a modification, it will endeavor to notify you and other users of the Site of the modification the next time that you and others access the user accounts created at the Site and allow you to review and accept this Agreement, as modified, prior to continuing to access or use the Site. Your continued use of the Site, following notice of such modifications, will constitute your acceptance of this Agreement, as modified. If you do not agree to any modifications of this Agreement or related policies, as they occur, you will immediately discontinue accessing or using the Site.
3. License Grant. Subject to the terms of this Agreement, including the eligibility requirements set forth in Section 1 above, 98point6 hereby grants to you a limited, non-transferable, non-exclusive right to use the Site on any Internet-enabled device that you own or control solely for the purpose of obtaining medical care from those physicians and other medical providers to whom you are granted access via the Site (the “Medical Providers”) in accordance with terms, conditions, limitations, and restrictions set forth in this Agreement, including, but not limited to, terms and conditions governing the payment of any fees required by 98point6.
4. Ownership of the Site; Restrictions on Use. You agree with 98point6 that, as between you and 98point6, the Site and all of the information, materials, features, functionality, and other content included in the Site or otherwise made accessible to you via the Site, including, but not limited to, any and all software, displays, images, graphics, text, algorithms, video, and audio and the design, selection, and arrangement of the same (collectively, the “Product”) is owned by 98point6, including any and all intellectual property in or related to the Product and any authorized or unauthorized enhancements, updates, upgrades, improvements, or other modifications to or reproductions or derivative works of the Product. The Product, including each of the elements described in the preceding sentence, is the property of 98point6 and/or its licensors and is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property and proprietary rights laws. 98point6 reserves all rights in this regard.
Except as otherwise expressly permitted in Section 7 below concerning pediatric medical care, each account registered with 98point6 is for a single user only. Further, you acknowledge that only one user account is permitted per individual, and you agree that you will not create more than one user account for an individual user, including creation of one or more additional user accounts using alternate identification information. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any account authentication credentials used to access your user account. You may not share your account authentication credentials, if any, with anyone else or otherwise permit anyone other than yourself to access the Product using your user account or, if applicable, your account authentication credentials. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your own user account and account authentication credentials. 98point6 reserves the right to cancel or suspend your access to the Product if you share your user account, create more than one user account for an individual user, or share your account authentication credentials.
Unless otherwise specifically agreed by 98point6 in writing, you will not (a) reproduce, modify, make derivative works of, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Product, (b) modify copyright or other proprietary rights notices of 98point6 or its licensors in or accompanying the Product, (c) make the Product available in any manner to any third party for use in the third party’s business operations, (d) access or use (or permit third parties to access or use) the Product in order to build or support any products or services competitive with the Product, or (e) inaccurately or falsely represent your current location, your demographic location, your address, your medical history, information about your medical condition, or otherwise inaccurately or falsely represent yourself to 98point6 or the Medical Providers.
You represent and warrant that (a) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (b) are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
At this time, 98point6 does not treat patients presenting with issues or injuries related to Workers’ Compensation as outlined by the U.S. Department of Labor. You agree that you will not use the Site to seek care for an issue or injury arising from a Workers’ Compensation claim.
At this time, 98point6 does not treat patients covered by the U.S. Government’s health insurance program commonly known as Medicare, which is administered by the U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. You acknowledge this fact, and you agree that you will not use the Site for an issue or injury that you anticipate or expect to be covered by Medicare.
IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, YOU SHOULD DIAL 9-1-1 OR YOUR LOCAL EMERGENCY NUMBER IMMEDIATELY. The Site is not appropriate to address emergency or life-threatening medical conditions, and should not be used as such. 98point6 may direct you to an emergency room or other appropriate facility at any time.
5. Feedback; Testimonials. 98point6 has not agreed to and does not agree to treat as confidential any suggestion or idea provided by you regarding the Product (“Feedback”), and nothing in this Agreement or in your and 98point6’s dealings arising out of or related to this Agreement will restrict 98point6’s right to use, profit from, disclose, publish, or otherwise exploit any Feedback, without compensation to you, or provide you with any rights in the Product. 98point6 will publish your name or other identifying information in connection with any testimonial only with your prior approval.
If the Site is, or was, offered to you at no cost or at a discounted rate, any public or other published review, comment, or testimonial about 98point6 or the Site must include a statement indicating that the Site is, or was, provided to you at no cost or at a discounted rate. If any incentives were offered to you for any public or other published review, comment, or testimonial, the disclosure of such incentives is required by you in connection with your publications of the review, comment, or testimonial. 98point6 may republish any publicly available review, comment, or testimonial about 98point6 or the Site on its websites or in other media. Appropriate attribution to the original source of the publication will be made by 98point6.
6. Consent to Treat. You consent to receive medical care from the Medical Providers (as defined in Section 3 above) using remote, electronic communications, such as interactive chat, audio, and/or video communications, specifically through your use of the Site, where such medical care may include diagnosis, consultation, treatment, and transfer of electronic medical records and medical data (each instance, a “Visit”). You agree to be treated via a virtual visit with a physician or other medical provider (i.e., not an in-person visit) and understand that there are inherent risks and limitations associated with a virtual visit with a physician or other medical provider, including, but not limited to, risks and limitations arising from such physician’s or medical provider’s ability, or inability, to comprehensively assess and accurately diagnose illness, injury, disease, or other medical issues using remote, electronic communications.
You agree to accurately disclose your location prior to participating in a Visit using the Site. Medical Providers will only be permitted to render medical care to you via the Site if you are located in a state and jurisdiction in the United States of America in which such Medical Providers are licensed to practice medicine.
You understand and agree that, as part of a Visit using the Site, you cannot select a specific Medical Provider. Further, you understand and agree that, due to emergencies, scheduling, and other circumstances, 98point6 cannot warrant or otherwise guarantee, and does not warrant or otherwise guarantee, that you will have access to the Medical Providers, including any specific Medical Provider.
You acknowledge that the Medical Providers that render medical care to you via the Site are engaged by physician groups and other medical care organizations that are affiliated with (e.g., subsidiaries of) or otherwise associated with (e.g., a subcontractor to) 98point6 or one of its affiliated physician groups or other medical care organizations and, in connection therewith, such Medical Providers may have a financial interest in 98point6.
During your Visit, you consent to the following:
- (a) Data, chat text, audio, video, and/or digital photos may be recorded;
- (b) Details of your medical information may be discussed with you and the Medical Providers via the Site using electronic technology, including chat, audio, video, and/or graphics technology;
- (c) Virtual examination of you may take place; and
- (d) Medical personnel and non-medical technical personnel may join the Visit, either physically or virtually, to aid in delivery of medical care to you.
You may withhold or withdraw consent to the Visit at any time without affecting your right to future care or treatment.
7. Pediatric Medical Care for Minors One Year of Age or Older. As described in Section 1 above, there are circumstances in which you, as an adult user of the Site, are eligible to use your user account and the Site to seek medical care for or on behalf of a Minor.
You may use your account and the Site to seek medical care for or on behalf of a Minor under the following circumstances:
- (a) You are a parent or legal guardian having legal custody of the Minor (or you are a partner or a spouse of a parent or legal guardian having legal custody of the Minor and you are enrolled as an eligible dependent in the group medical plan offered by such parent’s or legal guardian’s employer). If at any time, you are no longer authorized to access the Minor’s profile, due to court order or for any other reason, you agree to notify 98point6 immediately;
- (b) You have your own user account (not the user account of your partner or spouse) and are otherwise eligible to access and use the Site;
- (c) The Minor is enrolled as an eligible dependent in the group medical plan offered by your employer (or, if you are a partner or spouse of a parent or legal guardian having custody of the Minor, on the group medical plan offered by such parent’s or legal guardian’s employer);
- (d) The Minor is at least one year old (and otherwise qualifies as a Minor, as that term is defined in Section 1 above);
- (e) The Minor has not been emancipated due to circumstances such as marriage, military service, or judicial emancipation;
- (f) The Minor is not under the care of a government agency (for example in foster or shelter care);
- (g) At the time that you initiate each Visit for the Minor, you attest that the requirements set forth in subsection (a) above are met; and
- (h) You remain present during the entirety of each Visit.
98point6 reserves the right, and each Medical Provider shall have the right, to require that a Visit for rendering medical care to a Minor be conducted using video communications.
8. Opt-In to Receive Security Code Messages via SMS. When you provide your phone number to create your account with 98point6 you opt-in to the Security Code Message service and we will send you an SMS message to provide you with a security code, which will verify your identity and confirm you are signing up to receive Security Code messages for future sign ins to 98point6.
- (a) 98point6 will only send Security Code messages when you create your account and each time you sign in. Each message will provide you with a security code that you will enter into the app to verify your identity.
- (b) You can cancel the Security Code service at any time but please be aware that canceling the service will also disrupt your ability to access care from 98point6. To cancel, just text "STOP" to the short code. After you send the SMS message "STOP" to us, we will send you an SMS message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive SMS messages from us.
- (c) If after unsubscribing, you decide you want to receive care again, opt back into the Security Code service by sending START to the same phone number and you will be able to receive Security Code services again. 98point6 support can also restore Security Code message delivery; please create a request here: https://98point6.com/contact.
- (d) If at any time you forget what keywords are supported, just text "HELP" to the short code. After you send the SMS message "HELP" to us, we will respond with instructions on how to use our service as well as how to unsubscribe.
- (e) We are able to deliver messages to the following mobile phone carriers: Major carriers: AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile, MetroPCS, U.S. Cellular, Alltel, Boost Mobile, Nextel, and Virgin Mobile. Minor carriers: Alaska Communications Systems (ACS), Appalachian Wireless (EKN), Bluegrass Cellular, Cellular One of East Central IL (ECIT), Cellular One of Northeast Pennsylvania, Cincinnati Bell Wireless, Cricket, Coral Wireless (Mobi PCS), COX, Cross, Element Mobile (Flat Wireless), Epic Touch (Elkhart Telephone), GCI, Golden State, Hawkeye (Chat Mobility), Hawkeye (NW Missouri), Illinois Valley Cellular, Inland Cellular, iWireless (Iowa Wireless), Keystone Wireless (Immix Wireless/PC Man), Mosaic (Consolidated or CTC Telecom), Nex-Tech Wireless, NTelos, Panhandle Communications, Pioneer, Plateau (Texas RSA 3 Ltd), Revol, RINA, Simmetry (TMP Corporation), Thumb Cellular, Union Wireless, United Wireless, Viaero Wireless, and West Central (WCC or 5 Star Wireless). ***Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages***
- (f) As always, message and data rates may apply for any messages sent to you from us and to us from you. You will receive messages when you create your account and each time you sign in to 98point6. If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, it is best to contact your wireless provider. For all questions about the services provided by this short code, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your user account, whether through a subscription you purchase or made available to you through your Sponsor Organization provides you with unlimited access to the Site, at no additional charge. Depending on the type of account you have, you may also be required to pay a nominal fee per Visit.
If you are not required to pay a fee per Visit, you acknowledge and agree that, within a twelve (12) month period, beginning on the date of your first Visit, you are limited to thirty-six (36) Visits per twelve (12) month period as part of a subscription you purchase or made available to you through your Sponsor Organization. Additional Visits can be purchased on an a la carte basis. For the avoidance of doubt, the limitation of thirty-six (36) Visits per twelve (12) month period does not apply to individuals paying a fee per Visit.
10. Use of Stripe for Payment Processing. You understand that 98point6 uses the StripeTM application programming interface (or API) to process payments through the Site. Payment processing services are provided by Stripe and are subject to the Stripe Connected Account Agreement (as provided on the Stripe website at https://stripe.com/us/connect-account/legal or a successor website) and Stripe Terms and Services (as provided on the Stripe website at https://stripe.com/us/ssa or a successor website). By agreeing to this Agreement or otherwise continuing to utilize the Product, you agree to be bound by the above referenced agreements with Stripe, and agree that such agreements may be modified by Stripe from time to time. As a condition of 98point6 making payment processing services available to you through the Stripe API, you agree to provide 98point6 accurate and complete information about you and your payment information, and you authorize 98point6 to disclose such information to Stripe for the purpose of enabling payment processing on your behalf and, likewise, receive from Stripe transaction information related to your use of the payment processing services provided by Stripe as needed in order to process payments by you through the Site.
You understand and agree not to hold 98point6 liable for any adverse effect that actions (whether intentional or unintentional) may cause to any other accounts you hold. You agree to not process stolen cards or unauthorized cards through your Stripe and/or 98point6 account.
11. Recurring Charges; Auto-Renewal; Cancellation. If you purchase a subscription to access the Site (as opposed to your Sponsor Organization providing you with access to the Site), then you authorize 98point6 to charge your chosen payment method for your initial subscription payment and automatic annual renewals until you turn off automatic annual renewals or cancel your subscription. You must turn off automatic annual renewals before your subscription renews to avoid being charged the annual subscription fee for the subsequent annual subscription period. If you turn off automatic annual renewals, your subscription will not be renewed after the then-current annual subscription period expires. You may turn off automatic annual renewals in the Auto-Renewal portion of the Manage Subscription section of your profile.
You may also cancel your subscription at any time by contacting our customer service via our Contact us form. After you cancel your subscription, you will no longer be able to start a Visit. In some circumstances, upon cancelling your subscription, you may be eligible to receive a refund of all or some of your annual subscription fee for the then-current annual subscription period. For more information on the circumstances in which a refund may be available, go to our FAQs or contact our customer service via our Contact us form.
If the amount to be charged to you varies from the amount you preauthorized when you created your account subscription (other than due to an imposition or change in the amount of any applicable state sales taxes), for example, due to an increase in the annual subscription fee that we charge for access to the Site, you have the right to receive, and we will provide, notice of the amount to be charged and the date of the charge at least 30 days before the scheduled date of the automatic annual renewal. If you do not agree with the new amount in the notice, you may turn off automatic annual renewals in the Auto-Renewal portion of the Manage Subscription section of your profile. You may also cancel your subscription by contacting our customer service via our Contact us form.
12. Health Savings Account Requirements. If you are not affiliated with an employer that 98point6 contracts with to provide you medical care as part of a group health plan, you acknowledge and agree that 98point6 does not have the obligation to verify your Health Savings Account ("HSA") status and/or eligibility. If you are eligible for an HSA and/or do contribute to an HSA, check with your benefits administrator to ensure payment for the medical care under a personal health plan will not materially affect your eligibility under your HSA benefits, including the ability to make future contributions to your HSA.
13. Users Receiving Promotional Access. Users receiving promotional access to the Site shall have full access to the Site and shall receive the same level of service as other users of the Site. 98point6 will direct users receiving a promotional price on how to access the promotion. For example, 98point6 may provide a promo code that must be entered during the account registration process to access the promotion. If you are an employee of 98point6, your participation as a user of the Site is NOT a requirement in order to obtain or continue employment, and any services that you receive in connection with the Site are provided outside of the terms and conditions of your employment.
14. Refunds. 98point6 will issue a subscription refund to you if you have not yet had a Visit or for any charges incurred in error. 98point6 may consider issuing a subscription refund to you in other circumstances on a case by case basis. 98point6 will not issue a refund for per-Visit fees properly incurred.
15. Limited Performance Warranty. We warrant to you that, during any period in which you have a user account in good standing and subject to your adherence to the terms and conditions of this Agreement at all times, the Site, as provided by 98point6 to you and without any modifications by you or others, will conform in all material respects to the documentation provided by 98point6 to you in connection with your access to and use of the Site that describes the design features and functionality of the Site. Except for the limited performance warranty set forth in this Section 15, 98point6 makes no warranties of any kind regarding the performance of the Product or the compatibility between the Site and any future versions of it. If you identify an error, bug, or other non-conformity that does not comply with the limited performance warranty set forth in this Section 15, you will notify 98point6, and 98point6's sole obligation, and your sole remedy, will be for it to use commercially reasonable efforts to correct the error, bug, or non-conformity. Except for the foregoing obligation, 98point6 shall not have any obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the Product. Except as otherwise set forth in this Section 15 and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the Site, the Product as a whole, and any related services provided to you or your dependents (including, but not limited to, any medical care provided in connection therewith) are provided strictly on an "as is" and "as available" basis without warranty of any kind, express, implied, or statutory. The express warranties set forth in this Agreement are in lieu of, and 98point6 specifically disclaims, all other warranties whether express, implied, or statutory, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. Without limiting the foregoing, you specifically acknowledge that 98point6 and their respective licensors make no warranty that the Product will meet your requirements or be error-free or without interruption; that all errors, bugs, and non-conformities will be corrected; that the Product will be free of vulnerability to intrusion or attack; or that your specific requirements will be satisfied. You acknowledge that 98point6 does not control the transfer of data over communications facilities, including the Internet, and that the Product may be subject to limitations, delays, and other problems inherent in the use of such communications. 98point6 will not be liable for any alteration, theft, destruction or loss of your data, files, records, or programs.
16. Limitations of Liability. Medical care made available via the Site is rendered by Medical Providers at 98point6 Physicians PC and physician groups and other medical organizations contracted by 98point6 Physicians PC (collectively, "98point6 PC"). 98point6 PC is, or otherwise comprises, a medical practice and medical organization. The Medical Providers at 98point6 PC render the medical care made available via the Site, including assessment, diagnosis, and treatment or referral, as appropriate, of any illness, disease, or other adverse medical conditions.
98point6 is not a medical practice or medical organization. Neither the Site, the Product as a whole, nor any hardware, software, technology, or related services provided by 98point6 are intended to treat any illness, disease, or other adverse medical condition and should not be considered the practice of medicine and are not the documentation of medical advice of any kind.
98point6 and 98point6 PC are not insurance. Neither 98point6 nor 98point6 PC are engaged in the business of insurance, and neither this Agreement nor any incorporated terms or conditions are or shall be deemed a contract for insurance. The fee, if any, earned by 98point6 does not cover the provision of medical care. The fee earned by 98point6 PC shall cover the rendering of medical care by the Medical Providers only and shall not cover the cost of any diagnostic tests, prescription medications or medical devices, or specialty medical care rendered by any third party.
Aside from personalized information you receive directly from one or more of the Medical Providers via the Site during a Visit or in a care plan provided to you by a Medical Provider, the contents of the Site, including but not limited to information you receive via our risk assessment tool, are for informational purposes only and are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, treatment, or recommendations of any kind. Reliance on any information appearing on the Site, except as otherwise described in this paragraph, is solely at your own risk.
Hardware, software, and other technology is complex and may not be completely free of errors. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, 98point6 will not be liable for any damages arising under this Agreement.
98point6 and its officers, employees, directors, subsidiaries, agents, and licensors are neither responsible nor liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential, exemplary, punitive, or other damages whatsoever (including, but not limited to, damages for lost profits, goodwill, use, data, or other intangible losses) arising out of or related to your use of the Site, including any content or information contained therein or services related thereto, whether based on contract, tort, warranty, statute, or otherwise. Your sole remedy in the event of any problem with the Site is to stop using the Site. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the maximum liability of 98point6 to you with respect to your use of the Product is the greater of $100 USD or the amount of fees you have paid for access to and use of the Site in the three-month period preceding the event, or events, giving rise to your claim.
17. Confidentiality. "Confidential Information" includes all confidential and proprietary aspects of the Product, in addition to any information you submit through the Site that a reasonable person would expect under the circumstances of disclosure to be kept confidential (e.g., any personal health information or other personal data or information).
98point6 and you (each a "Party") will not disclose the Confidential Information of the other Party and will use the Confidential Information of the other Party only to exercise rights and fulfill obligations under this Agreement, while using reasonable care. The receiving Party may disclose Confidential Information of the discloser when required by law after giving reasonable notice to the discloser, if permitted by law. Except for the limited use rights under this Agreement, neither Party acquires any right, title, or interest in the other Party's Confidential Information.
The Parties agree that any breach of this Section 17 by the other may cause irreparable injury not adequately compensable with monetary damages. Accordingly, in addition to any rights otherwise available at law, in equity, or by statute, the non-breaching Party is entitled to seek injunctive and other equitable relief without the obligation to post a bond.
19. Term and Termination. The term of this Agreement commences upon your acceptance of this Agreement, as evidenced by your access to and use of the Site. 98point6 may suspend or terminate your access to and/or use of the Site by canceling or suspending your user account at any time for any reason or no reason. 98point6 may maintain, delete, or destroy all communications and materials posted or uploaded to the Site per its record retention and/or content destruction policies. Whether during the term of this Agreement or after termination of this Agreement, 98point6 has no obligation to continue to provide the Product or otherwise make the medical care available via the Site; however, 98point6 will provide access to you to any of your health records in 98point6's possession as a result of this Agreement as may be required under applicable legal, ethical, and professional obligations.
20. Notices. Notices from one Party to the other shall be in writing and may be sent via email. You can notify 98point6 or send questions, complaints, or claims related to the Product to 98point6 by contacting 98point6 here. Notices from 98point6 to you will be sent to the email address or mailing address provided by you as part of your user account.
21. Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless 98point6 and its officers, employees, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, licensors, suppliers, and other customers (including, but not limited to, employers facilitating use of or purchasing access to the Site for their employees, group health plans facilitating use of or purchasing access to the Site for their members, and other organizations and entities facilitating use of or purchasing access to the Site for individuals affiliated with the organization or entity) from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, expenses, or fees (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising out of or relating to your use of the Site.
22. Dispute Resolution; Mandatory Binding Arbitration.
Please read this Section 22 carefully, because it requires you to waive your right to a jury trial and arbitrate certain disputes and claims with 98point6 and limits the manner in which you can seek relief from us. As set forth in this Section 22, no class or representative actions or arbitrations are allowed.
Except for small claims disputes in which you or 98point6 seek to bring an individual action in small claims court located in the county of your billing address or disputes in which you or 98point6 seeks injunctive or other equitable relief for the alleged unlawful use of intellectual property, you and 98point6 waive your rights to a jury trial and to have any dispute arising out of or related to this Agreement or the Product resolved in court. Instead, for any dispute that you have against 98point6, you agree to first contact 98point6 and attempt to resolve the claim informally by sending a written notice of your claim ("Notice") to 98point6 by email at email@example.com or by certified mail addressed to: Attn: LEGAL, 98point6 Inc., 701 5th Ave., Ste. 2300, Seattle, WA 98104, USA. The Notice must (a) include your name, residence address, email address, and telephone number; (b) describe the nature and basis of the claim; and (c) set forth the specific relief sought. Any notice of a claim that 98point6 provides to you will be similar in form to that described above. If you and 98point6 cannot reach an agreement to resolve the claim within thirty (30) days after such Notice is received, then either Party may, as appropriate in accordance with this Section 22, submit the dispute to binding arbitration administered by the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services ("JAMS"). All submitted disputes will be resolved through confidential binding arbitration held in Seattle, Washington in accordance with the Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures ("Rules") of JAMS, which are available on the JAMS website and incorporated herein by this reference. You either acknowledge and agree that you have read and understands the Rules or waive the opportunity to read the Rules and any claim that the Rules are unfair or should not apply for any reason.
You and 98point6 agree that any dispute arising out of or related to this Agreement or the Product is personal to you and 98point6 and that any dispute will be resolved solely through individual arbitration and will not be brought as a class arbitration, class action, or any other type of representative action or proceeding.
You and 98point6 agree that this Agreement affects interstate commerce and that the enforceability of this Section 22 will be substantively and procedurally governed by the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. § 1, et seq. (the "FAA"), to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. As limited by the FAA, this Agreement, and the Rules, the arbitrator will have exclusive authority to make all procedural and substantive decisions regarding any dispute and to grant any remedy that would otherwise be available in court, including the power to determine the question of arbitrability; provided, however, that the arbitrator does not have the authority to conduct a class arbitration or a representative action or proceeding, which is prohibited by this Agreement. The arbitrator may only conduct an individual arbitration and may not consolidate more than one individual's claims, preside over any type of class or representative action or proceeding, or preside over any action or proceeding involving more than one individual.
The arbitrator, 98point6, and you will maintain the confidentiality of any proceedings, including, but not limited to, any and all information gathered, prepared, and presented for purposes of the arbitration or related to the dispute(s) therein. The arbitrator will have the authority to make appropriate rulings to safeguard that confidentiality, unless the law provides to the contrary.
You and 98point6 agree that, for any arbitration you initiate, you will pay the filing fee and 98point6 will pay the remaining JAMS fees and costs. For any arbitration initiated by 98point6, 98point6 will pay all JAMS fees and costs, including the filing fee. You and 98point6 agree that the state or federal courts of the State of Washington and the United States of America sitting in Seattle, Washington, USA have exclusive jurisdiction over any appeals and the enforcement of any arbitration awards.
Any claim arising out of or related to this Agreement or the Product must be filed within one (1) year after such claim arose; otherwise, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the claim is permanently barred, which means that neither you nor 98point6 will have the right to assert the claim.
You have the right to opt out of the mandatory binding arbitration described in this Section 22 within thirty (30) days after the date you first accepted this Agreement, as evidenced by your access to and use of the Product by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to be effective, the opt-out notice must include your full name and address and clearly indicate your intent to opt out of the mandatory binding arbitration described in this Section 22. By opting out of mandatory binding arbitration, you are agreeing to resolve disputes in accordance with Section 23 below.
If any portion of this Section 22 is found to be unenforceable or unlawful for any reason, (a) the unenforceable or unlawful provision shall be severed from this Agreement; (b) severance of the unenforceable or unlawful provision shall have no impact whatsoever on the remainder of this Section 22 or the Parties' ability to compel arbitration of any remaining claims on an individual basis pursuant to this Section 22; and (3) to the extent that any claims must therefore proceed on a class, collective, consolidated, or representative basis, such claims must be litigated in a civil court of competent jurisdiction and not in arbitration, and the parties agree that litigation of those claims shall be stayed pending the outcome of any individual claims in arbitration. Further, if any part of this Section 22 is found to prohibit an individual claim seeking public injunctive relief, that provision will have no effect to the extent such relief is allowed to be sought out of arbitration, and the remainder of this Section 22 will be enforceable.
23. Governing Law. This Agreement and your access to and use of the Site, including the Product as a whole, are governed by the laws of the State of Washington, USA, without regard to its conflict of laws principles. Any dispute between the Parties that is not subject to arbitration or cannot be heard in small claims court will be resolved in the state or federal courts of the State of Washington and the United States of America sitting in Seattle, Washington, USA.
24. Miscellaneous. If any provision of this Agreement is adjudged to be invalid, void, or unenforceable, the Parties agree that the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall not be affected thereby, that the provision in question may be replaced by the lawful provision that most nearly embodies the original intention of the Parties, and that this Agreement shall in any event otherwise remain valid and enforceable. In no event will 98point6 be deemed in default hereunder based on delay in, or failure of, performance (other than the payment of money) if caused by floods, fires, storms, or other acts of God, by war or acts of public enemy, including terrorism, or civil disturbance, strikes, lockouts, shortage of labor, labor disputes or labor trouble, problems in obtaining raw materials or production facilities, power failure, equipment failure, transportation shortages or failures, actions of any governmental or other authority, or any other cause not within 98point6's reasonable control. This Agreement is for the benefit of, and shall be binding upon the Parties. No third-party shall be considered a third-party beneficiary hereunder. You may not assign or transfer your rights or obligations under this Agreement without the prior written consent of 98point6. You and 98point6 are independent contractors with respect to this Agreement and the Product.
25. Responsibility for Security Devices. You are responsible for the security of your information system(s), including its network and related computer equipment and peripherals ("Information System(s)"). In the event you are accessing the Site through a mobile device, you are solely responsible for the access and use of such mobile device, and must keep secure your device access credentials at all times. You are encouraged to fully utilize all security features, including locking, within the mobile device. You agree that it is your responsibility to comply with all applicable laws, rules, or regulations and ensure adequate security of your Information System(s). Each of you and 98point6 agree to notify the other of any violation of data security of which they become aware.
26. Links to Third-Party Websites. The Site may contain links to third-party websites for your convenience. 98point6 is not responsible for the content of such third-party websites and does not make any representations or warranties regarding such websites or their content. Use of or reliance on such third-party websites is at your sole risk.
27. Prohibited Uses. You agree not to:
- Upload or transmit any communication or content of any type that infringes or violates any rights of any party.
- Use, modify, sell, assign, or transfer the content or reproduce, display, publicly perform, distribute, post, transmit, or otherwise use the Application in any way for any public or commercial purpose.
- Reverse engineer, disassemble, or decompile any software included in connection with the Product.
- Use the Application for any purpose in violation of local, state, national, or international laws.
- Use the Product as a means to distribute or post advertising or other unsolicited material to any party.
- Impersonate any person or entity or falsely represent your identification or affiliation.
- Inaccurately or falsely represent your current location, your demographic location, your address, your medical history, information about your medical condition, or otherwise inaccurately or falsely represent yourself to 98point6 or the Medical Providers.
- Distribute viruses or other harmful computer code.
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others.
- Promote, encourage, or engage in defamatory, harassing, abusive, or otherwise objectionable behavior.
- Interfere with the operation of the Application or any other 98point6 product, service, hardware, software, technology, equipment, network, or systems.
- Copy or distribute in any medium any part of the Product.
- Use or access the Application in an abusive, excessive, or inappropriate manner as determined in the sole discretion of 98point6, which may include, but is not limited to:
- Initiating or engaging in excessive, superfluous, or unsuitable Visits.
- Repeatedly terminating or dropping off Visits prior to their conclusion.
- Repeated failure to respond to and comply with the Medical Providers' follow-up and treatment plans.
- Creating a hostile environment, harassing one or more Medical Providers, or otherwise engaging in inappropriate behavior through the use of the Product.
Scope of this Policy
If you are a California resident, please see the section titled “California Privacy Rights” below.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to UsWe collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you provide your phone number via our website to download our App, fill out a form, register for a User Account on the 98point6 Online Portal for commercial customers, register for and participate in a webinar or survey that we offer, request a demo, submit a request for customer support, join our Primary Care Council (“PCC”), apply for a job, communicate with us via third party social media sites, or otherwise communicate with us outside of the context of seeking or receiving medical care. The types of information we may collect include contact information such as your name, phone number and email address, as well as information you share with us during webinars, demos, or communications with our customer services team. If you apply for a job with us or participate in our PCC, we will collect application information from you, such as certain demographic information as well as your resume or details about your medical practice and work history.
The websites are not intended for the exchange of medical information. However, to the extent you provide medical information through a channel other than via our App (such as through a form on one of our websites), we will treat such information as PHI, subject to our Notice of Privacy Practices.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Interact with UsWhen you download our App or access our website, we collect certain information automatically, including:
Log and Device InformationWe collect log information about your use of our websites, including the type of browser you use, links clicked, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visit before navigating to our websites. We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our website or to which you download our App, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, App version, and mobile network information.
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking TechnologiesWe (and our service providers) use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our websites and your experience using it, see which areas and features of our websites are popular, and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our Website or in emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see Your Choices" below.
Information We Collect From Other SourcesWe may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with the information we collect through our websites. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties, such as, for job applicants, information from identity or credential verification services.
Information We DeriveWe may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location based on your IP address.
Use of InformationWe use the information we collect to provide, maintain, personalize and improve our websites and to deliver the App or services you request.
We may also use the information we collect to:
- Send you technical notices, updates and security alerts;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about services, offers, promotions, and events offered by 98point6 and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our websites and App;
- Debug to identify and repair errors in our websites or App;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of 98point6 and others; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf, as companies that assist us with web hosting, fraud prevention, customer service, and marketing and advertising;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of 98point6 or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among 98point6 and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries98point6 is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. Therefore, if you access or use our websites, or otherwise provide information to us, we may transfer and store such information in and to the U.S. and other countries, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law.
CookiesMost web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of parts of our websites. As noted above, you may also opt out of targeting cookies by following the steps here.
Promotional EmailsYou may opt out of receiving promotional emails from 98point6 by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about any active requests or our ongoing business relations.
Your California Privacy RightsThe California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides California residents with certain rights with respect to their personal information. If you are a California resident, this section applies to you. Please note that the CCPA does not extend to PHI collected by health providers like 98point6. For details about our information practices and how to exercise your rights with respect to PHI, including how to request access to your medical record, please review our Notice of Privacy Practices.
With respect to information that is covered by the CCPA, in the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information: identifiers (such as your name, telephone number and email address if you apply for a job or create a user account for the 98point6 Online Portal), characteristics of protected classifications (such as your age and gender), internet and other electronic network activity information, audio information (such as recordings of customer service calls), professional and education information (such as if you apply for a job with us), and inferences (such as the city you live in based on your IP address). For details about the precise data points we collect and the categories of sources of such collection, please see the Collection of Information section above. We collect personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in the Use of Information section above. In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for business purposes to the following categories of recipients:
|Categories of Personal Information||Parties that May Receive the Personal Information|
Characteristics of protected classifications
Internet and electronic network activity information
Professional and educational information
|Cloud storage providers|
Providers of email and telephone communication services
Providers of personnel and client management services
|Category of Personal Information||Category of Third Parties|
|Identifiers, such as IP address or cookie identifiers||Advertising networks|
In addition to your right to opt out of “sales” outlined above, subject to certain exceptions and limitations, you have the right to (1) request to know more about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, use, and disclose, (2) request deletion of your personal information, and (3) not be discriminated against for exercising these rights. You may make these requests by visiting our Contact Us form (select “consumer data request” from the first drop-down) or emailing us at email@example.com. We will verify your request by asking you to follow instructions in correspondence from us. We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
If we receive your request from an authorized agent, we may ask for evidence that you have provided such agent with a power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests to exercise rights on your behalf. If you are an authorized agent seeking to make a request, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice of Privacy PracticesEffective: February 23, 2021 Version 9.0
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW HEALTH INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
This Notice of Privacy Practices (the “Notice”) is being provided to you on behalf of 98point6 Physicians PC, its subsidiaries and affiliated entities (together “98point6 PC”), including its employees and health care practitioners (collectively referred to herein as “we”, “our” or “us”). The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”) requires that we provide this Notice to you, and it describes the legal obligations of 98point6 PC and your legal rights regarding your health information held by us. Among other things, this Notice describes how health information about you may be used and disclosed to carry out treatment, payment, or health care operations, or for any other purposes that are permitted or required by law and how you can get access to this information. If you are obtaining healthcare services from us on behalf of someone else, this Notice applies to health information collected about that person. Please review it carefully.
HIPAA requires that we protect certain health information known as “protected health information” or “PHI.” Generally, PHI is individually identifiable health information, including demographic information collected from you, which is created or received by, or on behalf of, a health care provider (such as 98point6), a health plan, your employer on behalf of a group health plan or a health care clearinghouse, and relates to:
- (1) your past, present or future physical or mental health or condition;
- (2) the provision of health care to you; or
- (3) the past, present or future payment for the provision of health care to you.
98point6 PC Privacy Officer
98point6 Physicians PC
701 5th Avenue
Seattle, WA 98104
This Notice is effective February 26, 2021 and will remain in effect until it is revised or replaced.
- maintain the privacy of your protected health information;
- provide you with certain rights with respect to your protected health information;
- provide you with a copy of this Notice of our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to your protected health information; and
- follow the terms of the Notice that is currently in effect.
Except as provided within this Notice, we may not disclose your protected health information without your prior authorization.
We may use or disclose your protected health information to provide you with medical treatment or services. We may disclose your protected health information about you to doctors, nurses, technicians, staff or other 98point6 PC personnel (and those of our affiliates) who are involved in taking care of you and your health. In addition, 98point6 PC may share and disclose your PHI to unaffiliated entities or individuals in order to coordinate health care and further your treatment. For example, forwarding prescriptions to your pharmacy, or we might disclose information about your prior prescriptions to a pharmacist to determine if a pending prescription is inappropriate or potentially dangerous for you to use. Other examples include sending orders to laboratories or sharing records with other health care providers that require information about treatment you received from 98point6 PC. Similarly, we may contact you to provide information about treatment alternatives or other health-related benefits and services that may be of interest.
98point6 may use or share your PHI to bill and receive payment from health plans or other entities for services provided to you. For example, sending information to your health insurer or health plan in connection with the processing and payment of claims and other changes.
We may use and disclose your protected health information for other 98point6 PC operations. These uses and disclosures are necessary to run 98point6 PC, to make sure that you and our other patients receive quality care. For example, we may use protected health information in connection with conducting quality assessment and improvement activities, such as sending you surveys or questionnaires to request your feedback. You can opt out of these types of communications by unsubscribing, though we will continue to communicate with you about any services that you request from us.
To Business Associates
We may contract with individuals or entities known as “Business Associates” under HIPAA, so these Business Associates can perform various functions on our behalf or to provide certain types of services, including but not limited to, our affiliate 98point6 Inc., which provides the technology we use to provide healthcare services to you through the 98point6 App. In order to perform these functions or to provide these services, Business Associates will receive, create, maintain, transmit, use and/or disclose your protected health information, but only after they agree in writing to implement appropriate safeguards regarding your protected health information. For example, we may disclose your protected health information to 98point6 Inc. and other Business Associates to offer the 98point6 App to you or to provide support services, but only after we have entered into an agreement with each applicable Business Associate that will have access to your PHI in helping us deliver the services.
As Required by Law
We may use and disclose your protected health information when required to do so by federal, state or local law. For example, we may disclose your protected health information when required by national security laws or public health disclosure laws.
To Avert a Serious Threat to Health or Safety
We may use and disclose your protected health information to prevent a serious threat to your health and safety, or the health and safety of the public or another person. Any disclosure, however, would be limited to individuals and entities able to help prevent the threat. For example, we may disclose your protected health information in a physician licensure proceeding. Some other examples include disclosures to:
- prevent or control disease, injury or disability;
- report births and deaths;
- report child abuse or neglect;
- persons subject to the jurisdiction of the Food and Drug Administration (“FDA”) for activities related to the quality, safety, or effectiveness of FDA-regulated products or services and to report reactions to medications or problems with products;
- notify a person who may have been exposed to a disease or may be at risk for contracting or spreading a disease or condition; or
- notify the appropriate government authority if we believe that an adult patient has been the victim of abuse, neglect or domestic violence. We will only make this disclosure if the patient agrees or when required or authorized by law.
Organ and Tissue Donation
If you are an organ donor, we may release your protected health information to organizations that handle organ procurement or organ, eye, or tissue transplantation or to an organ donation bank, as necessary to facilitate organ or tissue donation and transplantation.
Military and Veterans
If you are a member of the armed forces, we may release your protected health information as required by military command authorities.
We may release your protected health information for workers’ compensation or similar programs. These programs provide benefits for work-related injuries or illness.
Health Oversight Activities
We may disclose your protected health information to a federal or state health oversight agency for activities authorized by law. These oversight activities include, for example, audits, investigations, inspections, and licensure. These activities are necessary for the government to monitor the health care system, government programs, and compliance with civil rights laws.
Lawsuits and Disputes
If you are involved in a lawsuit or a dispute, or a guardianship proceeding, we may disclose your protected health information in response to a court or administrative order. We may also disclose your protected health information in response to a subpoena, discovery request, or other lawful process by someone else involved in the dispute, but only to the extent allowed by law.
We may disclose your protected health information if asked to do so by a law enforcement official:
- in response to a court order, subpoena, warrant, summons or similar process;
- to identify or locate a suspect, fugitive, material witness, or missing person;
- about the victim of a crime if, under certain limited circumstances, we are unable to obtain the victim’s agreement;
- about a death that we believe may be the result of criminal conduct;
- about criminal conduct; and
- in emergency circumstances to report a crime; the location of the crime or victims; or the identity, description or location of the person who committed the crime.
We may release protected health information to a coroner or medical examiner. This may be necessary, for example, to identify a deceased person or determine the cause of death. We may also release protected health information to funeral directors as necessary to carry out their duties.
National Security and Intelligence Activities
We may release your protected health information to authorized federal officials for intelligence, counterintelligence, and other national security activities authorized by law.
If you are an inmate of a correctional institution or are in the custody of a law enforcement official, we may disclose your protected health information to the correctional institution or law enforcement official if necessary (1) for the institution to provide you with health care; (2) to protect your health and safety or the health and safety of others; or (3) for the safety and security of the correctional institution.
We may disclose your protected health information to researchers when:
- (1) the individual identifiers have been removed; or
- (2) when an institutional review board or privacy board has (a) reviewed the research proposal; (b) reviewed the established protocols to ensure the privacy of the requested information; and (c) approves the research.
We are required to disclose your protected health information to the Secretary of the United States Department of Health and Human Services when the Secretary is investigating or determining our compliance with the HIPAA Privacy Rule.
Disclosures to You
When you request, we are required to disclose to you the portion of your protected health information that contains medical records, billing records, and any other records used to make decisions regarding your health care. We are also required, when requested, to provide you with a list (or an “accounting”) of most disclosures of your protected health information if the disclosure was for reasons other than for payment, treatment, or health care operations, and if the protected health information was not disclosed pursuant to your individual authorization.
Notification of a Breach
We are required to notify you in the event that we (or one of our Business Associates) discover a breach of your unsecured protected health information, as defined by HIPAA.
We will disclose your protected health information to individuals authorized by you, or to an individual designated as your personal representative, attorney-in-fact, etc., so long as we are provided with your written notice/authorization and any supporting documents (i.e., power of attorney).
Note: Under the HIPAA Privacy Rule, we are not required to disclose PHI to a personal representative if we have a reasonable belief that:
- (1) you have been, or may be, subjected to domestic violence, abuse or neglect by such person;
- (2) treating such person as your personal representative could endanger you; or
- (3) in the exercise or professional judgment, it is not in your best interest to treat the person as your personal representative.
Other uses or disclosures of your protected health information not described above will not be made without your written authorization, including the use or disclosure:
- of psychotherapy notes;
- for fundraising or marketing purposes; or
- that constitute a sale of protected health information under the HIPAA Privacy Rule.
In the case of fundraising we may contact you, but you can tell us not to contact you again. You may elect to opt out of receiving fundraising communications from us at any time.
Right to Inspect and Copy
You can ask to see or get an electronic or paper copy of your medical record and other protected health information that we have about you. We will provide a copy or a summary of your protected health information. If you request a copy of the information, we may charge a reasonable fee for the costs of copying, mailing, or other supplies associated with your request. We will notify you of the cost so you will have the opportunity to change or withdraw your request at that time before any charges are incurred.
To inspect and copy your protected health information, please submit your request in writing using the Contact Us form on the www.98point6.com website. You will be asked to complete and submit a Patient Authorization to Release Medical Record along with your request. Alternatively, you may submit your request in writing, along with a Patient Authorization to Release Medical Record form, to the 98point6 PC Privacy Officer by email at email@example.com. In addition, you may access the chat transcript of your medical visits and care plan at any time in the 98point6 App.
We may deny your request to inspect and copy in certain, very limited circumstances. If you are denied access to your protected health information, you may have a right to request that the denial be reviewed, and you will be provided with details on how to do so.
Right to Amend
If you believe your protected health information is incorrect or incomplete, you may ask us to correct the information. You have the right to request an amendment for as long as the protected health information is kept by us. To request an amendment, your request must be made in writing and submitted to the 98point6 PC Privacy Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also submit such request using the Contact Us form on the www.98point6.com website and we will provide instructions to you about how to make the request. You must provide a reason that supports your request; we may deny your request for an amendment if it is not in writing or does not include a reason to support the request. In addition, we may deny your request if you ask us to amend information that:
- was not created by us, unless the person or entity that created the information is no longer available to make the amendment;
- is not part of your medical or billing records or other information that you would be permitted to inspect and copy; or
- is already accurate and complete.
Right to an Accounting of Disclosures
You have the right to request a list (or an “accounting”) of certain disclosures of your protected health information for up to six years prior to the date of your request, including who we shared it with and why. The accounting will not include (1) disclosures for purposes of treatment, payment, or health care operations; (2) disclosures made to you; (3) disclosures made pursuant to your authorization; (4) disclosures made to friends or family in your presence or because of an emergency; (5) disclosures for national security purposes; and (6) disclosures incidental to otherwise permissible disclosures.
To request an Accounting of Disclosures, your request must be made in writing and submitted to the 98point6 PC Privacy Officer by email at email@example.com. You may also submit such request using the Contact Us form on the www.98point6.com website and we will provide instructions on how to make the request. Your request must state a time period of no longer than six years prior to the date of your request. Your request should indicate the format you want the list (for example, paper or electronic). We will attempt to provide the accounting in the format you requested or in another mutually agreeable format if the requested format is not reasonably feasible. The first list you request within a 12-month period will be provided free of charge. For additional lists within a 12-month period, we may charge you for the costs of providing the list. We will notify you of the cost involved and you may choose to withdraw or modify your request at that time before any costs are incurred.
Right to Request Restrictions
You have the right to request a restriction or limitation on your protected health information that we use or disclose for treatment, payment, or health care operations. You also have the right to request a limit on your protected health information that we disclose to someone who is involved in your care or the payment for your care, such as a family member or friend. For example, you could ask that we not use or disclose information about a surgery that you had. We are not required to agree to your request when disclosure of protected health information (a) is made to a health plan for the purpose of receiving payment (b) pertains solely to a health care item or service for which you or someone other than a health plan on your behalf has paid in full; and (c) is not otherwise required by law. However, if we do agree to the request, we will honor the restriction until you revoke the restriction or we notify you.
To request restrictions, your request must be made in writing and submitted to the 98point6 PC Privacy Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also submit such request using the Contact Us form on the www.98point6.com website and we will provide instructions on how to make the request. In your request, you must tell us (1) what information you want to limit; (2) whether you want to limit our use, disclosure, or both; and (3) to whom you want the limits to apply—for example, disclosures to your spouse.
Right to Request Confidential Communications
You have the right to request that we communicate with you about medical matters in a certain way or at a certain location. For example, you can ask that we send email to a different address or only contact you at work or by mail. To request confidential communications, your request must be made in writing and submitted to the 98point6 PC Privacy Officer by email at email@example.com. You may also submit such request using the Contact Us form on the www.98point6.com website and we will provide instructions on how to make the request. We will not ask you the reason for your request. Your request must specify how or where you wish to be contacted. We will accommodate all reasonable requests if you clearly provide information that the disclosure of all or part of your protected information could endanger you.
Right to a Paper Copy of This Notice
You have the right to request a paper copy of this notice at any time, even if you have agreed to receive it electronically. You may also find a copy of this Notice on the www.98point6.com website. To obtain a paper copy, contact 98point6 PC Privacy Officer by email at your request must be made in writing and submitted to the 98point6 PC Privacy Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that your privacy rights have been violated, you may file a complaint with 98point6 PC or with the Office for Civil Rights of the United States Department of Health and Human Services. To file a complaint with the 98point6 PC, your request must be made in writing and submitted to the 98point6 PC Privacy Officer by email at email@example.com. You may also submit such request using the Contact Us form on the www.98point6.com website and we will provide you with additional instructions on how to submit the complaint. You also can file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights by sending a letter to:
200 Independence Avenue SW
Washington, D.C. 20201
You can also call them at 1-877-696-6775 or visit www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/complaints/.
You will not be penalized, or in any other way retaliated against, for filing a complaint with the Office of Civil Rights or with us. You should keep a copy of any notices you send to us or the 98point6 PC Privacy Officer for your records.
Product Development and User Experience Research
98point6 may invite you to provide feedback about your user experience with the 98point6 App or Service, subject to your authorization to permit 98point6 to use your feedback. Your feedback may include some aspects of your health information, which we will use to improve the 98point6 App or Service and to develop new software products or features. You will always have the ability to opt-out of these communications by declining to respond or unsubscribing.
Blog PolicyLast Updated: April 12, 2019, Version 1.0
1. Blog Contents & Materials. The 98point6 blog (“blog”) content and linked materials are provided for informational and/or educational purposes only. The content and links are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 98point6 does not recommend or endorse specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions or other information included on the blog. Reliance on the information presented on the blog is at your own risk.
Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking treatment based on what you have read or seen on the blog. If you believe you may be experiencing a medical emergency, contact 911 or another medical emergency line immediately.
3. Updates. 98point6 reserves the right to make alterations or deletions to the blog contents at any time, without notice. 98point6 does not undertake an obligation to update the blog contents, nor does it attest that all information is complete or up-to-date.
Legal NoticeLast Updated: June 28, 2018, Version 1
This legal notice supports the software program named 98point6 web application as of June 7, 2018 (the “98point6 Application”).
98point6 Inc. (“98point6”) may have patents, patent applications, trademarks, copyrights, or other intellectual property rights covering subject matter in this document. Except as expressly provided in any written license agreement from 98point6, the furnishing of this document does not give you any license to these patents, trademarks, copyrights, or other intellectual property.
Information contained in this document is proprietary to 98point6. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form, in whole or in part, by any means electronic, mechanical or other otherwise, including photocopying and recording, for any purpose without written permission of 98point6.
© 2017-2018 98point6 Inc. All rights reserved.
98POINT6 is a registered trademark of 98point6 Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Please note that 98point6 is not the original author of the software or other materials that are licensed by third parties (“Third-Party Code”). The notices and licenses contained herein that are applicable to the Third-Party Code are provided to you solely for your information. 98point6, not the third party, licenses this Third-Party Code to you under the terms set forth in the license agreement for this product. 98point6 reserves all other rights not expressly granted pursuant to the license agreement for this product, whether by implication, estoppel, or otherwise.
This copy of the 98point6 Application is being made available for limited use by customers and partners of 98point6 who are authorized to download and use such software, and in accordance with the end user agreement and applicable commercial agreement between you or your employer and 98point6.
The 98point6 Application includes ansi-html (v 0.0.7), dexie (2.0.4) ldclient-js (v 1.1.12), and react-tap-event-plugin (v 3.0.2). ansi-html (v 0.0.7), dexie (2.0.4), ldclient-js (v 1.1.12), and react-tap-event-plugin (v 3.0.2) are licensed pursuant to Apache Version 2.0. A copy of the Apache Version 2.0 license is provided below.
Version 2.0, January 2004
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR USE, REPRODUCTION, AND DISTRIBUTION
"License" shall mean the terms and conditions for use, reproduction,and distribution as defined by Sections 1 through 9 of this document.
"Licensor" shall mean the copyright owner or entity authorized by the copyright owner that is granting the License.
"Legal Entity" shall mean the union of the acting entity and al other entities that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with that entity. For the purposes of this definition, "control" means (i) the power, direct or indirect, to cause the direction or management of such entity, whether by contract or otherwise, or (ii) ownership of fifty percent (50%) or more of the outstanding shares, or (iii) beneficial ownership of such entity.
"You" (or "Your") shall mean an individual or Legal Entity exercising permissions granted by this License.
"Source" form shall mean the preferred form for making modifications, including but not limited to software source code, documentation source, and configuration files.
"Object" form shall mean any form resulting from mechanical transformation or translation of a Source form, including but not limited to compiled object code, generated documentation, and conversions to other media types.
"Work" shall mean the work of authorship, whether in Source or Object form, made available under the License, as indicated by a copyright notice that is included in or attached to the work (an example is provided in the Appendix below).
"Derivative Works" shall mean any work, whether in Source or Object form, that is based on (or derived from) the Work and for which the editorial revisions, annotations, elaborations, or other modifications represent, as a whole, an original work of authorship. For the purposes of this License, Derivative Works shall not include works that remain separable from, or merely link (or bind by name) to the interfaces of, the Work and Derivative Works thereof.
"Contribution" shall mean any work of authorship, including the original version of the Work and any modifications or addition to that Work or Derivative Works thereof, that is intentionally submitted to Licensor for inclusion in the Work by the copyright owner or by an individual or Legal Entity authorized to submit on behalf of the copyright owner. For the purposes of this definition, "submitted" means any form of electronic, verbal, or written communication sent to the Licensor or its representatives, including but not limited to communication on electronic mailing lists, source code control systems, and issue tracking systems that are managed by, or on behalf of, the Licensor for the purpose of discussing and improving the Work, but excluding communication that is conspicuously marked or otherwise designated in writing by the copyright owner as "Not a Contribution."
"Contributor" shall mean Licensor and any individual or Legal Entity on behalf of whom a Contribution has been received by Licensor and subsequently incorporated within the Work.
2. Grant of Copyright License. Subject to the terms and conditions of this License, each Contributor hereby grants to You a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable copyright license to reproduce, prepare Derivative Works of, publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense, and distribute the Work and such Derivative Works in Source or Object form.
3. Grant of Patent License. Subject to the terms and conditions of this License, each Contributor hereby grants to You a perpetual worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable (except as stated in this section) patent license to make, have made, use, offer to sell, sell, import, and otherwise transfer the Work, where such license applies only to those patent claims licensable by such Contributor that are necessarily infringed by their Contribution(s) alone or by combination of their Contribution(s) with the Work to which such Contribution(s) was submitted. If You institute patent litigation against any entity (including a cross-claim or counterclaim in a lawsuit) alleging that the Work or a Contribution incorporated within the Work constitutes direct or contributory patent infringement, then any patent licenses granted to You under this License for that Work shall terminate as of the date such litigation is filed.
4. Redistribution. You may reproduce and distribute copies of the Work or Derivative Works thereof in any medium, with or without modifications, and in Source or Object form, provided that You meet the following conditions:
(a) You must give any other recipients of the Work or Derivative Works a copy of this License; and
(b) You must cause any modified files to carry prominent notices stating that You changed the files; and
(c) You must retain, in the Source form of any Derivative Works that You distribute, all copyright, patent, trademark, and attribution notices from the Source form of the Work, excluding those notices that do not pertain to any part of the Derivative Works; and
(d) If the Work includes a "NOTICE" text file as part of its distribution, then any Derivative Works that You distribute must include a readable copy of the attribution notices contained within such NOTICE file, excluding those notices that do not pertain to any part of the Derivative Works, in at least one of the following places: within a NOTICE text file distributed as part of the Derivative Works; within the Source form or documentation, if provided along with the Derivative Works; or, within a display generated by the Derivative Works, if and wherever such third-party notices normally appear. The contents of the NOTICE file are for informational purposes only and do not modify the License. You may add Your own attribution notices within Derivative Works that You distribute, alongside or as an addendum to the NOTICE text from the Work, provided that such additional attribution notices cannot be construed as modifying the License.
You may add Your own copyright statement to Your modifications and may provide additional or different license terms and conditions for use, reproduction, or distribution of Your modifications, or for any such Derivative Works as a whole, provided Your use, reproduction, and distribution of the Work otherwise complies with the conditions stated in this License.
5. Submission of Contributions. Unless You explicitly state otherwise, any Contribution intentionally submitted for inclusion in the Work by You to the Licensor shall be under the terms and conditions of this License, without any additional terms or conditions. Notwithstanding the above, nothing herein shall supersede or modify the terms of any separate license agreement you may have executed with Licensor regarding such Contributions.
6. Trademarks. This License does not grant permission to use the trade names, trademarks, service marks, or product names of the Licensor except as required for reasonable and customary use in describing the origin of the Work and reproducing the content of the NOTICE file.
7. Disclaimer of Warranty. Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, Licensor provides the Work (and each Contributor provides its Contributions) on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied, including, without limitation, any warranties or conditions of TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. You are solely responsible for determining the appropriateness of using or redistributing the Work and assume any risks associated with Your exercise of permissions under this License.
8. Limitation of Liability. In no event and under no legal theory, whether in tort (including negligence), contract, or otherwise unless required by applicable law (such as deliberate and grossly negligent acts) or agreed to in writing, shall any Contributor be liable to You for damages, including any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages of any character arising as a result of this License or out of the use or inability to use the Work (including but not limited to damages for loss of goodwill, work stoppage, computer failure or malfunction, or any and all other commercial damages or losses), even if such Contributor has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
9. Accepting Warranty or Additional Liability. While redistributing the Work or Derivative Works thereof, You may choose to offer, and charge a fee for, acceptance of support, warranty, indemnity, or other liability obligations and/or rights consistent with this License. However, in accepting such obligations, You may act only on Your own behalf and on Your sole responsibility, not on behalf of any other Contributor, and only if You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold each Contributor harmless for any liability incurred by, or claims asserted against, such Contributor by reason of your accepting any such warranty or additional liability.
This product includes draft.js (v 0.10.5) Copyright © 2013-present, Facebook, Inc., hoist-non-react-statistics (v 1.2.0 and 2.3.1) Copyright © 2015, Yahoo! Inc., qs (v 2.2.4, 2.2.5, 5.1.0, 5.2.0, 6.1.2, 6.3.2, 6.4.0, and 6.5.1) Copyright © 2014, Nathan LeFreniere and other contributors, react-transition-group (v 1.2.1 and 2.2.1) Copyright © 2016, React Community, sourcemapped-stacktrace (v 1.1.7 and 1.1.8) Copyright © 2016, James Salter, warning (v 3.0.0) Copyright © 2013-2015, Facebook, Inc., and url-template (v 2.0.8) Copyright © 2012-2014, Bram Stein.
The immediately above-listed software is licensed pursuant to the 3-Clause BSD license. A copy of the 3-Clause BSD license is below.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
3. Neither the name of the copyright holder nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
MITThis product includes, ua-parser-js (v 0.7.17) Copyright © 2012-2016 Faisal Salman
This software is licensed pursuant to the MIT license. A copy of the MIT license is below.
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.