As we head into a new season of health conditions and concerns, use this checklist to ensure your medicine cabinet is ready to keep up—and see how 98point6 can help.
- Acetaminophen, pain and fever reducer
- Ibuprofen, anti-inflammatory; pain and fever reducer
- Diphenhydramine/antihistamine, allergy relief
- Fluticasone nasal, allergy sinus relief
- Hydrocortisone 1%, reduces swelling, itching and redness related to skin conditions
- Antibiotic ointment, aids in superficial wound healing/infection prevention
- Digital thermometer, to best determine fever
Over-the-counter options not working? 98point6 can help! Connect with a physician via our on-demand, text-based app. They’ll assess your symptoms and develop a personalized Care Plan, including necessary prescriptions sent to your local pharmacy.
- Nasal saline rinse, clears nose and sinuses
- Decongestant (ex: pseudoephedrine ), relieves runny nose and “backdrip”
- Cough suppressant/guaifenesin, helps clear mucus and phlegm
- Lozenges, sore throat relief
- Hand sanitizer, to help stop the spread of germs and bacteria
How long is too long for those symptoms? 98point6 can help! Check in with one of our doctors anytime without having to expose others (or potentially pick up something else)—especially if you develop a high fever, shortness of breath or any chest pain.
- Humidifier, which may ease cold and flu symptoms
- Neti pot and sterile/distilled/filtered water, to help irrigate nasal passages
- Zinc, for relief of cough and nasal discharge when treatment is started within 24 hours of symptom onset
- Lactobacillus casei, a probiotic which may reduce the duration of upper respiratory symptoms
- Honey, to help soothe sore throat and cough
Need additional guidance? 98point6 can help! Our physicians can answer questions about potential interactions between OTC medications and herbal supplements, or if extra caution is warranted around a pre-existing condition like diabetes. Start a visit anytime, 24/7, for answers and peace of mind.